» How's life treating ya?
Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:10 pm by Trinity

» NNGO Airship Amenities & Crew [Guild Level: 81]
Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:15 am by Beth

» Laugh of the day
Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:26 pm by Bekah

» Introductions
Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:33 pm by anto_capone

» Bundlenomics Exposé, or, Where the Cheap Games At?
Mon May 29, 2017 9:25 pm by anto_capone

» Communication with the Royal English Embassy
Sun May 21, 2017 4:55 pm by Bekah

» Post something awesome!
Tue May 16, 2017 5:22 am by Minority01

» Totally legit US presidential poll
Tue May 16, 2017 5:09 am by Minority01

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 66 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:37 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

Share | 

U14 and expansion is here!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Beth
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: U14 and expansion is here!   Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:51 am

Release notes!

http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Release_Notes_Update_14_Official

Slowly in process of updating!

*cracks whip at the french internet hamsters*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bellz
Knight

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: U14 and expansion is here!   Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:44 pm

oooh =) and I think your hamsters came over to Canada...dang is it slow!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anto_capone
Royal

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: U14 and expansion is here!   Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:18 pm

doom?

Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: U14 and expansion is here!   Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:30 pm

Anto and I just got almost 80k XP for an 11 minute Ring of Fire challenge run (lvl 22). If you want to farm some epic level XP, looks like the challenges are the way to go.

At least until they nerf it.. Get it while the getting is good!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
refutor
Commoner

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: U14 and expansion is here!   Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:01 pm

i played around with it a little bit and i think it's great so far...agree about the XP nerf, i'm getting mine before the weekend if i can. i did a few quests, got my first epic destiny point (38k or so) soloed a challenge (1 star=5k). after the xp from challenges runs out, my next plan is to hunt down rares in the king's forest. check out the items...with the quality of the items, i thought the commendations would come from raid completions or something...nope they drop from rares in the forest

Clerics of Amaunator

•Star of Day - Shortsword: 2[1d10]+6, Brilliance, Fiery Detonation, Flaming Burst [ML:20] [15 Clerics of Amaunator Commendations]
•Breastplate of the Shining Sun - Breastplate: +6, Resistance +6, Efficient Metamagic - Empower Healing II, Toughness, Amaunator's Blessing Set Bonus [ML:20] [10 Clerics of Amaunator Commendations]
•Signet of the Shining Sun - Ring: Charisma +7, Exceptional Wisdom +2, Superior Healing Lore, Amaunator's Blessing Set Bonus [ML:20] [5 Clerics of Amaunator Commendations]
•Symbol of the Shining Sun - Necklace: Wisdom +7, Exceptional Charisma +2, Concentration +15, Amaunator's Blessing Set Bonus [ML:20] [5 Clerics of Amaunator Commendations]
•Potions of Shield of Faith +5 - Potion: Shield of Faith [CL:20] [ML:18] [1 Clerics of Amaunator Commendation]

Druids of the King's Forest
•Implement of the Deep Woods - Quarterstaff: 2[1d6]+6, Devotion +90, Magnetism +90, Combustion +90, Superior Fire Lore, Superior Lightning Lore, Inherent Elemental Resistance - 5, Spell: Restoration [CL:7,1/Charge] [ML:20,BtCoA] [15 Druids of King's Forest Commendations]
•Leathers of the Woodsman - Leather Armor: +6, Dexterity +7, Melee Alacrity 10%, Hide +15, Woodsman's Guile Set Bonus [ML:20,BtCoA] [10 Druids of King's Forest Commendations]
•Lenses of the Woodsman - Goggles: True Seeing, Attack Bonus +3, Seeker +6, Woodsman's Guile Set Bonus [ML:20,BtCoA] [5 Druids of King's Forest Commendations]
•Boots of the Woodsman - Boots: Striding +30%, Insightful Dexterity +2, Move Silently +15, Woodsman's Guile Set Bonus [ML:20,BtCoA] [5 Druids of King's Forest Commendations]
•Potion of Barkskin (+5)
•Docent Upgrade: Woodsman's Guile

Purple Dragon Knights

•Oathblade - Longsword: 2[1d10]+6, Superior Parrying, Absolute Law, Vorpal, Keen, Maiming, Bleed [ML:20] [15 Purple Dragon Knight Commendations]
•Purple Dragon Armor - Full Plate: +6, Heavy Fortification, Superior False Life, DR 5/-, Knight's Loyalty Set Bonus [ML:20] [10 Purple Dragon Knight Commendations]
•Purple Dragon Helm - Helm: Constitution +7, Exceptional Strength +2, Intimidate +15, Knight's Loyalty Set Bonus [ML:20] [5 Purple Dragon Knight Commendations]
•Purple Dragon Gauntlets - Gloves: Strength +7, Exceptional Constitution +2, Healing Amplification +30%, Knight's Loyalty Set Bonus [ML:20] [5 Purple Dragon Knight Commendations]
•Draught of Greater Heroism - Potion: Greater Heroism [CL:20] [ML:18] [1 Purple Dragon Knight Commendation]

Villager

•Stout Oak Walking Stick - Quarterstaff: 2[2d6]+6, Aligned, Impact, Fracturing, Felling the Oak, Immunity to Slippery Surfaces [ML:20] [15 Villager Commendations]
•Vestments of the Sun Soul - Outfit: Armor Bonus +9, Resistance +6, Enhanced Ki +1, Reinforced Fists, Way of the Sun Soul Set Bonus [ML:20] [10 Villager Commendations]
•Bracers of the Sun Soul - Bracers: Wisdom +7, Exceptional Constiution +2, Superior Parrying, Way of the Sun Soul Set Bonus [ML:20] [5 Villager Commendations]
•Belt of the Sun Soul - Belt: Constitution +7, Exceptional Wisdom +2, Concentration +15, Way of the Sun Soul Set Bonus [ML:20] [5 Villager Commendations]
•Draught of Sparkling Apple Cider - Potion: Recovers Spell Points over 20 Seconds [CL:20] [ML:19] [1 Villager Commendation]
•Draught of Hearty Apple Cider - Potion: Recovers Hit Points over 20 Seconds [CL:20] [ML:19] [1 Villager Commendation]

War Wizards

•Alarphon's Staff - Quarterstaff: 2[1d6]+6, Elemental Manipulation (+90 Equipment Bonus to Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire Spell Power), Greater Arcane Lore, Spells: Lightning Bolt, Fireball, Cone of Cold, Hold Monster [CL:20,25/Charges,Recharge Over Time] [ML:20] [15 War Wizards Commendations]
•War Wizard's Robe - Robe: +6, Archmagi, Elemental Absorption 5%, Concentration +15, Battle Arcanist Set Bonus [ML:20] [10 War Wizards Commendations]
•War Wizard's Bracers - Bracers: Armor Bonus +9, Spell Penetration VIII, Elemental Spell Power, Greater Elemental Energy, Battle Arcanist Set Bonus [ML:20] [5 War Wizards Commendations]
•War Wizard's Amulet - Necklace: Protection +6, Spell Focus Mastery +1, Greater Elemental Spell Power, Battle Arcanist Set Bonus [ML:20] [5 War Wizards Commendations]
•Potion of Lasting Haste - Potion: Haste [CL:20] [ML:18] [1 War Wizards Commendation]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anto_capone
Royal

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: U14 and expansion is here!   Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:47 pm

gotta say, there are a couple things i am not happy about (re: wail of the banshee, hard to understand AC/to-hit), but overall I am loving this x-pack.

even some stuff that i was apprehensive about first, like spell power, i actually like. the spell power thing is a boon to all casters imo. before, we could never get potency for level 9 spells, now we got it. before, superior potency was +50%, epic potency was +60%, now you can get epic spell power for essentially 110% or more.

yes, metamagics took a hit, but in the end, all my spells so far are doing more damage, not less... idk why people were bitching so much Razz

and all the new quests and areas are quite brilliant and beautiful. the new random loot is AMAZING and makes me excited for every chest i pull now. feels like i just got off korthos for the first time, and i like it.

oh yea, a nice find:

i pulled a flawless red dragon scale out of the chest in the ring of fire challenge. it was level 20, the optional wizard chest with the mimics...

so a little tip: if you collect reds and have a lot of them, might want to unload them now. they aren't going to be worth 2 devil scales soon.

Commoner

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: U14 and expansion is here!   Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:35 am

i solo-killed a green dragon last night with my WF FVS and anyone who has ran with me knows i'm not über...worried that it may be too easy(!)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: U14 and expansion is here!   

Back to top Go down

U14 and expansion is here!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1