» How's life treating ya?
Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:10 pm by Trinity

» NNGO Airship Amenities & Crew [Guild Level: 81]
Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:15 am by Beth

» Laugh of the day
Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:26 pm by Bekah

» Introductions
Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:33 pm by anto_capone

» Bundlenomics Exposé, or, Where the Cheap Games At?
Mon May 29, 2017 9:25 pm by anto_capone

» Communication with the Royal English Embassy
Sun May 21, 2017 4:55 pm by Bekah

» Post something awesome!
Tue May 16, 2017 5:22 am by Minority01

» Totally legit US presidential poll
Tue May 16, 2017 5:09 am by Minority01

» Headset Survey
Tue May 16, 2017 4:54 am by Minority01

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 66 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:37 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

Share | 

Interview with the Admins

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roxxane
Royal

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Interview with the Admins   Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:24 am

I translated this from French...there's a lot of denial in the answers!

French to English translation
1. When talking about Celsius, it always says "admins". Can you tell us who is working for Celsius and with what function?

JDW: Celsius online is a French company based in Paris, which will celebrate its 6 years in November! The team consists of 6 persons and we regularly get students who come to take their first steps in a business. There first Levan, manager Celsius Online. In addition to caring for managing the company, it is also designer and developer. LongJohnSilver takes care of the marketing, media player (faq.lesroyaumes.com, etc.). And sometimes just support the team of developers. The side of the graphic, Yann (or Ywb) is the artistic director. It manages both the game design as some illustrations. Iziledur is our illustrator, he realizes that many of the illustrations of the games. Then there Choup, which currently manages the daily shopping site Mégagong (contacts with suppliers). As for me, I manage the technical (development, technology ...). Finally, Libert and Eddy, two interns Supinfo, and Nicolas (Trainee Web Integrator) reinforce the team now.

Levan: It was also a little robot programmed to do certain tasks for us. The interest in robots, it is because it costs much less in payroll taxes.

2. Can you tell us about the next upcoming features for gaming Gloria De Regni?

Levan: Yes.

JDW: As you already know, a big new has emerged in recent days: the congestion. The next day, the election of the Kings happen. These are two new features that we expected a lot, as they release the game for several inconsistencies and barriers that limited the game both in terms of trade than the RP. But things do not stop there! We are already working on future enhancements ... I can not tell you too, but in the short term there is a change in the economic system

Levan: Tut tut tut tut!

JDW: Yes, we can not talk about yet.

3.Within games DGR, the population fall. That thinks Celsius? and is that measures of adjustment should be made?

Levan: This fall is it trompe-l. Indeed, last year we had a larger number of players (our highest level ever reached), mainly due to advertising campaigns. We probably went too far in terms of advertising. Today, we do more advertising for the game, and thus there are few new players which mechanically lowers the total players in the provinces. But that entails mainly a decline in players who do that s inscribed in favor of ad campaigns and No were not very active. The number of players actually active (s involve in the game, post on the forum, etc..) Did not significantly declined.

JDW: We intend to serve as a DGR (the union of three sets) as a springboard to re-inflate the cities. At the time you read this, we are actively studying the possibility of pubs on the web, whose cost has increased significantly in recent years.

Levan: Finally, we must remember that more than 3.3 million players have already played actively in Renaissance Kingdoms. C is a huge number that makes a big RR "classic" web game.

4.The game is a dual RP-IG makes it unique in the world of MMORPGs. When you have created and developed this game, what was the role of PR in the development and what part of the PR set up by the players has influenced the development of the game?

Levan: The Marxists have a phrase for it, they say "C is the infrastructure that determines the superstructure. "Economic conditions (conditions and relations of production) determines the social ideas (philosophy, law, religion, etc..). In the Renaissance Kingdoms, c is the accuracy of economic mechanisms (each object is produced by an artisan or farmer, etc..) And notions of game design (the political organization in cities, counties, elections, etc..) Induces a "RP". To enrich the "RP", so be additions in the design "IG". C is thus the case for the military and the war that allowed explore a new area of "RP."
When we created the game, "RP" was thus already the focus of our concern. But the inventiveness of the players we were very impressed. All the improvements we made to raise the game from the inventiveness of the players.
We must add that I am not a supporter of a net distinction "PR-GI," I think things are more complex than that.

5. For now, we navigate the RR and SK. Regional products are only available for RR. Do you consider these features in all games DGR?

JDW: Absolutely! It is even a priority for us now that the players of both games have caught up with their elders.

6. When do you plan the beginning of De Gloria Regni with the union of the three games?

Levan: This is top secret. We have several projects in this regard.

7. The most frequent requests when it comes to innovations, are Religion and Science. There were ads, but they never fully realized. What causes this and is that a solution is on the way?

Levan: There are many expectations that are sometimes contradictory. At the beginning of the game, 5-6 years ago, we communicated a lot with the players, letting them share our ideas and doubts. This has good sides, but this becomes impossible when the gaming community is large and very complex game. For example, about diseases (and medicine): we have many requests, and we really want to encode them. But players must understand that this is not simple, and that there must be a very delicate balance.
In fact, players would be interested in the disease, but up how would they get sick of? Recently, we started to communicate on the space: an improvement related to many things requested by players, including term limits, but many players complain that it makes the game too difficult, even claiming that they will stop game! If we code the disease, how many players complain and say s intention to leave the game?
Moreover, the RR is now playing the more complex world in terms of economic equilibrium. A simple change affects many sectors (on the finances of the duchies, the difficulty of the game for level 1, etc..). It is therefore very important to weigh the pros and cons and take the time to think.

8. About the fighting, the Guide, written by Levan talks about siege weapons, walls (we shall construct and maintain) etc.. Are these ideas are always on the agenda, and if so what are the priorities of initiation of these ideas?

Levan: No I did not feel that this is very popular, nor that it would be really interesting for the game I've been thinking the opposite a few years ago, but I ve changed my mind.

9.When do you close the V2 Realms and fair? What do you think the use of mandates to carry property and put money safe?

JDW: The fair will be closed in the coming weeks, due to the introduction of the congestion. It will be replaced by the capital market or the largest city in the province due to lack of capital. As for mandates safe, it is a practice that diverts the usefulness of a feature so little fair play, the game providing the means to protect the town halls and castles correctly. We intend to modify the mandates to prevent such a breach of comity between player and player of Mayor robber. Until then, this is not prohibited.

10. Multi accounts and Zombies (players who are retired and come back just to vote or attack) remains one of the biggest problems. Some solutions such as those in Vallahia (RR) where lvl0 do not have access to tavern were found. Have you any new weapons or strategies in the fight against the multi and the zombies?

Levan: LongJohnSilver working hard on it, and c is a fight everyday. Alas, it is impossible for us to communicate our new weapons on the subject, to be as efficient as possible.

11. The speed of the forum. Does the mass destruction of old topics have had the desired effect? What was the purpose of such destruction? Are they going to continue? The topics are they lost forever, or is it they are saved offline?

Levan: He had become necessary to do some cleaning on the forum (c as was the case in the French sections, which are to be shed periodically since the game). In the coming weeks, we will also greatly increase the speed of servers in the forum, and modify the technical infrastructure. This will greatly increase performance.

12. There are different rules of game such as England, it is prohibited to restrict political participation in France, so that we can. Is it considered a large settlement, or an extension of the FAQ with all the rules by country?

JDW: Outside of the Charter of judges and certain rules published officially, there is no major regulation of conduct in the game players are free to establish their laws (within the rules of the game and their spirit ), but they are equally flout them. Only the rules "HRP" count to us.

13. Non-Francophones have trouble contacting you mainly on bugs

Levan: As you have seen, we have implemented in recent weeks a new infrastructure to handle bugs. For now, it seems to work. But there are some conditions for this to continue to work correctly:
- You must send bug reports exclusively in French and English

- Players who submit a bug report should begin to see if the answer is not already known: in particular by asking on the forum, looking at the rules, FAQ, etc. .. The site management bugs should not be used by those who have no just not understood the rule. D elsewhere, so that it becomes one, in such a case we don not explain the rule.

- Players who submit a bug report must follow the rules. In particular, explain their bug so precise and detailed. You don not imagine the time we lose because of bug reports incomplete or incomprehensible! Furthermore, we established a scale of severity bugs: Low, normal, serious, critical. When a critical bug is reported, it immediately triggers an alarm in our offices. When it s apparent that the bug "critical" is like "No I can not seem to change my password" or "I do not understand why I've lost features today, you can imagine we're excited! In this case, we automatically fined.

14.Si one day, another game studio comes along and offers to buy the game, what do you say?

Levan: The game studios do not buy them s:)

15. The economic part of the game has Many glitches. There Is a supra That Have not Been Production resolved With The county option of Throwing Things for prestige. Many if not MOST of the counter are in debt right now and There Is No Way to Save Them actual When The Mines Are Not Producing Enough. The Fees That Every town hall Have to pay everyday are getting more and more difficulty to cover When The population IS Continuously dropping. What are your plans of Improving the Economic aspects?

Levan: I disagree with this analysis. The figures show that there is no overproduction nya particular in the Realms. No prices have not fallen since addition of 2 years. There are pockets here and there to overproduction of certain commodities, and pockets of under-production. C is often a consequence of trade barriers that cause some duchies. This is not a problem that falls within the game, but players.
You say that "most counties, if not all, are in debt": this is completely false. While some counties are indeed more difficult to manage than others, the counties are mostly negative in the county mismanaged.
Moreover, it nya no link between the economy of the duchies and the number of players, expenses and income related to mining or trade are proportional to the number of players: a duchy in the negative would be even more heavily in negative with more players! C I think is a bad debate. Specifically, it is often easy to see that the duchies are poorly managed. You see things staggering: for example a duchy with all the mines closed for "reasons of economies" But how to remove a source of revenue is there an economy?
This does not prevent that we hope to enrich the economic and financial system, and we'll make substantial modifications to the system. But we prefer to say nothing for now, not waiting to give birth if it takes longer than expected (see question 7)

JDW: I also think that a county well managed, with few exceptions (I think including some counties in England who can no longer get up after the passage of old inefficient managers), arrives to stay positive. Moreover, less than a quarter of the counties are currently negative, it is far from the majority =)
However, we believe that economic management is too rigid to allow counties to perform certain special expenses (war, development of a naval fleet, etc.). That's why we want to improve it.

Levan & JDW: We also wish to thank the whole team, and Raboud of KAP for taking the time to raise questions of players and we hope to continue to improve our communication with all of our players in the future!
Interviewed by Rabodemac
Posted by Oulaup

Serf

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Admins   Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:09 pm

Thanks Rox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elois
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Admins   Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:29 pm

Baloney.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Admins   Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:45 pm

Quote :
Levan: [...] Indeed, last year we had a larger number of players (our highest level ever reached), mainly due to advertising campaigns.

After that I stopped reading and decided I had better things to do with me time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roxxane
Royal

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Admins   Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:30 pm

James wrote:
Quote :
Levan: [...] Indeed, last year we had a larger number of players (our highest level ever reached), mainly due to advertising campaigns.

After that I stopped reading and decided I had better things to do with me time

Plussed!

Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Admins   Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:29 pm

Its seriously only blablabla with no real information. Yes or no have little meaning in most cases without an explanation. eh, its a disappointment. My fav, I think, is question 7 about medicine and illness. It doesn't take 5-6 years to figure out how illness would affect the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Mummy Bait

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Admins   Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:25 pm

Plus, the players have actively tried to help with science way by discussing ideas and implementation details and suggesting them to the admins.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lance
Knight

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Whiskey Distiller

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Admins   Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:35 pm

Quote :
You say that "most counties, if not all, are in debt": this is completely false. While some counties are indeed more difficult to manage than others, the counties are mostly negative in the county mismanaged.
Moreover, it nya no link between the economy of the duchies and the number of players, expenses and income related to mining or trade are proportional to the number of players: a duchy in the negative would be even more heavily in negative with more players!

Celsius has said some dumb thing in their day . . . but that last sentence tops them all.

That's the dumbest economical statement I've heard IRL or IG. I'm sure when you count all the counties in France and Italy that don't have population problems, the majority of counties aren't in debt . . . but try looking at English speaking RK . . . but I guess that would be expecting too much Rolling Eyes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bekah
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Admins   Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:45 pm

So they have basically said that Science way is a duffer and we, the players, fucked up their perfect economic model? Wow! I never knew that we were responsible for so much havoc! pmsl - they really are a bunch of pig-ignorant fuckers. (sorry, but I couldn't find a nice way to say that.)

Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Admins   Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:52 pm

They should, IMO, let Science Way folk pick a new way, giving them enough free courses to cover how much time/money they spent, with a full apology. Like maybe say, if ya have a certain percent in one course, you get that percentage in a State Way course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Mummy Bait

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Admins   Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:36 am

The thing is, I chose science way even recently because I want to mess with diseases. I can make points in state and army either way, and I have no interest in church, so it was and still is a no brainer really. The only reason it might matter is for lvl 4, and science ways have become lvl 4 anyway, and I care nothing for lvl 4 besides.

It isn't a matter of "oh, you all have been had." It's a matter of, disease should be part of a game that is set in fucking 1458.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bellz
Knight

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Admins   Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:20 pm

wow that is one fucked up interview

And ya, I agree with Lance about that economic statement...since when would more people harm the counties?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dillion
Serf

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Admins   Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:27 pm

Long ago it was said there would only be 1 doctor per town.

If that remains the case, what happens to the rest of the science way folks?

What happens to the new people that choose science way?

As for disease and such go, I have a feeling that going to a doctor will be nothing but abuse and charged max prices to get healed.

Personally I'm glad it's not here for the above reasons.

Allow towns to have more than one doctor to open up competition in pricing.

Limit pricing so doctors cant get rich.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bekah
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Admins   Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:14 pm

Maybe they wanted doctors to work like priests? you can only have one priest per town and they are on the same branch of way (I mean you have to pick church to go science, like you pick state to go army) Either way, they have fucked up and they prefer to blame it on us before they will admit it. Think of all the work they could have done on RK if they had not been so busy cloning RK into NK and SK and then creating Megagong and Tribalistan. They have gotten greedy but they refuse to admit as much - who would? Lol!

Mummy Bait

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Admins   Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:19 am

Plus, to have only one doctor in town gets screwy when one of them has to retreat, or go with an army, or go sailing, or whatever. Right now there are 2 science ways in my town, myself and Maryanda, but Mary is often gone on ships now, or goes trading and traveling. Sometimes I am gone with an army or in retreat. It's just nonsense.

Then again, it's Celsius.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArcaneJill
Admin

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Admins   Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:06 am

I'm going to fix this Very Happy

1. When talking about Celsius, it always says "admins". Can you tell us who is working for Celsius and with what function?

Sure! LJS is a monkey-cantaloupe hybrid who is in charge of feces-flinging and hanging from chandeliers. He is a highly talented bartender and is working on mastering his computer and interpersonal (intermonkey?) skills. Levan is a time-traveler from a couple thousand years ago, still trying to make his way in the world and win the girl. We are considering making a movie about his life! JDW is in a Buddhist monastery and expected to emerge enlightened and ready for work in another couple decades. His answers here were transmitted to Levan from the astral plane. And our dear Choup is a starfish.

2. Can you tell us about the next upcoming features for gaming Gloria De Regni?

Levan: Yes.

JDW: All players will be turned into zombies if they press the "resurrect" button when they die from any cause. There will be new tactics and weapons added to combat the undead.

Levan: Tut tut tut tut!

JDW: Yes, we can not talk about yet.

3.Within games DGR, the population fall. That thinks Celsius? and is that measures of adjustment should be made?

Levan: This is all on purpose of course.

JDW: Yes, yes of course. The game was.. uh.. too big. Now it is closer to the right size.

Levan: Yes, our mind-contro-- uh.. happy machine only works on a certain number of people.

4.The game is a dual RP-IG makes it unique in the world of MMORPGs. When you have created and developed this game, what was the role of PR in the development and what part of the PR set up by the players has influenced the development of the game?

Levan: RP is the only thing that has made this dying animal hang on for so long. If the players hadn't started it, I could be working in a real job now and hate my life even more than I already do.

5. For now, we navigate the RR and SK. Regional products are only available for RR. Do you consider these features in all games DGR?

Levan: Consider what? I like potatoes.

6. When do you plan the beginning of De Gloria Regni with the union of the three games?

Levan: Yesterday, but I slept too late. If I get drunk enough tonight to put our starfish (Choup) on a sleeping LJS' face, maybe tomorrow.

7. The most frequent requests when it comes to innovations, are Religion and Science. There were ads, but they never fully realized. What causes this and is that a solution is on the way?

Levan: We really don't care about this. All our players do is complain about bugs and unfinished things... We have lives too you know! And I really want to finish this gigantic stapler I'm making out of toothpicks. If our players have ideas on working hinges made of toothpicks, send them to me. Otherwise, piss off.

8. About the fighting, the Guide, written by Levan talks about siege weapons, walls (we shall construct and maintain) etc.. Are these ideas are always on the agenda, and if so what are the priorities of initiation of these ideas?

Levan: Huh what? Lemme see that. I wrote this? Musta been drunk. Here, gimme *pees on it*

9.When do you close the V2 Realms and fair? What do you think the use of mandates to carry property and put money safe?

JDW: Only the parts that are actually useful will be closed. We like taking up server space with all the stuff that was bugged tho. Hey, that looks fun! *Joins Levan in peeing on the guide*

10. Multi accounts and Zombies (players who are retired and come back just to vote or attack) remains one of the biggest problems. Some solutions such as those in Vallahia (RR) where lvl0 do not have access to tavern were found. Have you any new weapons or strategies in the fight against the multi and the zombies?

Levan: Clones are great! Makes it look like we have way more players than we do. We're thinking that they will be excellent food sources in the upcoming Zombie wars.

11. The speed of the forum. Does the mass destruction of old topics have had the desired effect? What was the purpose of such destruction? Are they going to continue? The topics are they lost forever, or is it they are saved offline?

Levan: We wanted to destroy all the history of our established players, to alienate everyone and even the playing field for the players without established RP histories. This is also why the forum mods have been instructed to mess up as many RPs as possible. Without RP, we have a crappy game. And when people realize it's a crappy game, we'll have way more zombies for the upcoming updates.

12. There are different rules of game such as England, it is prohibited to restrict political participation in France, so that we can. Is it considered a large settlement, or an extension of the FAQ with all the rules by country?

JDW: Rules? I RULE!!!!!! *starts breakdancing*

13. Non-Francophones have trouble contacting you mainly on bugs

Levan: We started this bug thing somewhere so that people can feel like they're being paid attention to when they complain about something. It has small character limits so we can just mark stuff "not clear" and go on to the next one. Customer is always right, right? So let them think we'll actually pay attention to something. But seriously, unless it's marked that the game wouldn't take their money, we just mark it "fixed" or "not clear" and toss it out. Takes like 20 minutes a day, really. I can spend more time jerking off and drinking this way.

14.Si one day, another game studio comes along and offers to buy the game, what do you say?

Levan: Do they give me enough money to buy all the ketchup and raincoats I want without getting a real job still? Otherwise, no.

15. The economic part of the game has Many glitches. There Is a supra That Have not Been Production resolved With The county option of Throwing Things for prestige. Many if not MOST of the counter are in debt right now and There Is No Way to Save Them actual When The Mines Are Not Producing Enough. The Fees That Every town hall Have to pay everyday are getting more and more difficulty to cover When The population IS Continuously dropping. What are your plans of Improving the Economic aspects?

Levan: Improving? What is this improving? I just mess with stuff to watch people freak out over it.

JDW: Hehehe yeah. We're thinking about making it so that people have to pay to work at the mines, and so that only level 0s can run for mayor. Also, we're going to add some useless items like jewelry and outhouses that will serve no actual function, but we'll really hype them so we can go over the figures a few months from now on how many people have them and laugh.

Levan & JDW: We would like to thank everyone for this, but it was a waste of time. We hate you all. Piss off.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mick
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Admins   Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:06 am

Brilliant. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roxxane