~NNGO IZ SRS BSNS~

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» NNGO Airship Amenities & Crew [Guild Level: 81]
Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:39 pm by Beth

» Bundlenomics Exposé, or, Where the Cheap Games At?
Mon May 29, 2017 9:25 pm by anto_capone

» How's life treating ya?
Mon May 29, 2017 12:11 pm by anto_capone

» Communication with the Royal English Embassy
Sun May 21, 2017 4:55 pm by Bekah

» Post something awesome!
Tue May 16, 2017 5:22 am by Minority01

» Totally legit US presidential poll
Tue May 16, 2017 5:09 am by Minority01

» Headset Survey
Tue May 16, 2017 4:54 am by Minority01

» Laugh of the day
Wed May 10, 2017 8:42 pm by Bekah

» The Music Thread!
Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:21 pm by anto_capone

» Discord
Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:28 pm by anto_capone

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 66 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:37 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

Share | 

Going slightly insane

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Beth
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Going slightly insane   Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:20 pm

I just spent half an hour going through my toons trying to find a sapphire of PRR +12 for Xillee. I knew I had it somewhere but the little bastard was being coy and hiding in my TR cache on Zillee. The kicker however is that the ring I was going to slot it into ... is over on Ghallanda.

Sometimes this game drives me mad.

I'm laughing at myself too, for bothering to spend the time to twink Xillee into some sort of respectable shape. Only a first life fighter and originally built solely to farm out stuff while I supposedly work on making Zillee the uber toon through past lives and so on. But now that I've bothered to actually take a look at the menace of the underdark content, I realise I like it. I know it's not great xp per min stuff but I'm loving running around the underdark explorer area. Nearly had a fit the first time one of those giant purple worms leapt out of the ground!

But man, Xillee has needed some work to be half decent, and I'm not even sure she's there yet. Ran up through Legendary D, and now slowly inching up through the shiradi - soon to hop over to one of the other ones in the primal set. I'm getting the idea of twists and so on and starting to actually plan the way ahead instead of being random gal. Healing spring is nice but the 'people who know it all' on the ddo forums are saying cocoon is the thing to have. I dunno. I'm trying, is all I can say.

Hence the search for that sapphire of PRR. My PRR at the moment is 28 (heavy armor). Apparently this sucks and I need more. Eh, okay. I took a look on the wiki for sources of PRR and the sapphire augment seems to be the main one in reach right now. All the others seem to mean sword and boarding and sorry but I just wont. Not yet. So slotting this sapphire into a ring with a green augment will have to do. Will take the PRR up to 40 (which apparently still sucks but is better than 28) which is about another 6% damage reduction. Will it make that much of a difference? Probably not. And of course I now need to get that damn ring on Khyber to actually be able to augment it *grins*

I'm mean really I should be worrying about my fortification. Currently 125%. Apparently this means if I try the GH epics I will die fast. I'm to aim for 150% if I want to melee stuff. Okay, okay. No idea how I'm going to get to that except by getting something over in the unyielding sentinel destiny. I'll get around to it next year ^^

On the plus side my healing amp is now over 200%.

Twink, tweak, wahh ... yes going slightly insane.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beth
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Going slightly insane   Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:13 pm

The gearing insanity continues.

So this frigging sapphire of PRR +12 ... I was going to pop it onto a simple low lvl ring from deleras that has a green augment slot. It would replace a tod ring that now only gives me a benefit of charisma +6 (which helps me with nothing as I never bothered with intimidate skills on Xillee) and an exceptional strength +1. No biggie. I can rejig the heroic enhancements to get another point in strength so ... replacing the tod ring with this greenie aug ring seemed to make sense.

I logged off last night, happy with this plan.

Today I started on the primal avatar destiny and got the first lvl of rejuvenation cocoon. It read as kinda meh, but then I forgot I had good healing amp. And actually it's really nice. I still like my healing spring for keeping me going during a prolonged fight, but yeah, cocoon is the dogs bollocks. That's english for very good, by the way, american readers :p

But that then raised a new problem in gearing as Xillee is a fighter, pure build, and so has no spell points. The only thing I have right now is a globe of imperial blood (the old version) which gives me 50 spell points after a rest. Hmm. Okay. Not brilliant as that is only 4 uses of cocoon per rest, so may be I'll pick up a pearl of power x to double that. BUT it's in the trinket slot which I like to keep flexible. Bloodstone, mummified bat, spyglass, planar focus, Voice ... lots of nice stuff that I like to swap in.

So I'm thinking okay ... yellow augment the spell points. There's plenty of topaz of power 150 on the AH, and that'll give me 12 uses of cocoon per rest. Good plan!

Gah, where to put that though? Well, there's the ring slot mentioned above but I was going to put the extra PRR there ...

I could put it on a belt, but that's already augmented with fear immunity. I'm liking the fear immunity ... I don't want to lose that. I've seen the panther standing still way too often because he's been feared. I really don't enjoy being helpless in a melee fight ...

The final option is ... on a cloak. Crossing my eyes at this notion. I like my tuffness cloak or resist +7. Yeah, I know, why is a pure fighter even caring about resists? Not like I can dance through traps like a monk. But still, I have noticed the saves happening sometimes. Surprisingly more often than I expected. I'm not bothered about losing the toughness. Plenty HP so I'm fine with that.

Then a little light went on in the back of my mind. Put both the PRR and the spell points on a cloak and then put the resists on a ring. It's doable. A hellfire cloak from deleras has yellow and green augs. I can probably get a ring with resists +7 on it off the AH.

So in the end I would be losing toughness and charisma +6 - both of which I am fine with losing. And gaining PRR of 12 and 150 spell points. I like this trade!

Probably tomorrow something else will come up to throw all this out of the window. And I'm still laughing at myself for even bothering to spend this amount of time and energy on twinking a first life fighter who's meant to be just a farming toon Very Happy

On a side note, read a bit more of the destinies in the primal sphere and fury of the wild has additonal prr as a tier two ability - up to 6 extra prr. If I got that, my total would be 46 which would give me roughly 24% damage reduction. Tempting! I'll be heading over to FotW after I finish this first tier of primal avatar. And then over to GoF to unlock Unyielding so I can get Brace for Impact.

It almost sounds like I know what I'm talking about. And that is what is insane.

Last edited by Beth on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anto_capone
Royal

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Going slightly insane   Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:23 pm

Good read!

How do you find out what physical resistance translates into % wise?

Also, about fear immunity. Is nice if around mobs that debuff, but if you have active GH you are immune to fear as it is...

Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Going slightly insane   Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:48 pm

Wiki! There's a table that translates the PRR into damage reduction roughly. And it also gives a formula to work it out if you want to be exact.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Physical_Resistance_Rating

I hear you on the GH, but I rely on clickies for that and it usually runs out at the most inconvenient time. I'm soloing mostly right now - had a horrible run of Servants of the Overlord on EH where Xillee died 4 times - trés embarrassing. There was no dedicated healer and although the druid who kept trying to help out was a good sport I was just dying inside by the end. The upside was I still came out with most kills and seemed to be the only one hitting the boss with any impact at the end even with the penalty from SF pots. But still - was not my finest hour *grins* It's put me off pugging for a while, so I'm having to be all self sufficent and stuff.

When you going to get your arse back into the game? :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anto_capone
Royal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Going slightly insane   Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:13 am

Ah, good old wiki Smile

There is so much that I'm just not up to speed about anymore. Smile

I hear you about GH clickies. Its kinda a pain finding them, and 11 minutes always seemed waaay too short. I think its that one amrath quest with the cells and prisoners and the... end fight that can be hell without some psycho blade barrier divine... Razz

I wouldn't be embarrassed about Servants of Overlord on EH either- that quest is so quirky you can't tell how it is really going to be one run to the next. First run might go easy, next one is a wipe at the first ladder... Razz

I seen it happen! Razz

Going to be back soon! And not like Turbine's way of soon either. Razz

Will be kinda lost when I get back I think, but will try to help! Smile

Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Going slightly insane   Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:57 am

Today I joined the Epic Destiny farming madness. And I liked it. May be it was because I was in the mood for something fairly unchallenging and repetitive? May be it was because it was nice to be running around with Dee again (on his superman toon)? May be it was because I really liked seeing the yellow dots pinging onto the bar so quickly for another rank?

Probably a combination of the three! I was in an excellent mood anyway having just capped Xillee. Later on I did some runs on my own. Naturally these went a little slower and also ... being solo you can't window farm so I had to run back to the quest giver. 4 mins to run Rusted Blades and then another 3 to renew the quest! I guess that works out at 3k xp per min which isn't so shabby for soloing.

The upside to having to go back to the quest giver was an end reward pickup each time. Given that I'm currently plat-rich, I picked up the renown. 65k in renown after a few hours, I'm feeling very virtuous about helping the guild renown - LOL.

Yeah, I think I'm going to like this farming. I don't think I'm going to be doing it for hours on end BUT its the perfect run when you haven't got much time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anto_capone
Royal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Going slightly insane   Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:13 am

Wow!

I never figured out how to Destiny farm. When I get back I hope someone can show me. Smile

Knight

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Going slightly insane   Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:38 am

We have the technology...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beth
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Going slightly insane   Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:24 pm

Very Happy always giggle when you've lit me up like a christmas tree with all those buffs, Dee.

Anto, if I can ED farm, you definitely can :p

Might want to get some of that in before the summer though as that is when they're supposedly raising the lvl cap to 28 along with the new expansion. So that'll mean those easy to farm quests will go back onto the quest repetition counter until you get to lvl 28.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beth
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Going slightly insane   Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:44 pm

Beth wrote:
Later on I did some runs on my own. Naturally these went a little slower and also ... being solo you can't window farm so I had to run back to the quest giver. 4 mins to run Rusted Blades and then another 3 to renew the quest! I guess that works out at 3k xp per min which isn't so shabby for soloing.

But to put the above into perspective, running with Dee who has the nukes and the ddoor, and also being able to window farm ... we're averaging runs of two and a half mins. Roughly 8.5k xp per min. I barely have time to even sip my drink as I loaf about the central bell, damnit! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anto_capone
Royal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Going slightly insane   Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:33 am

8.5k per minute!! omg i have to try this!

Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Going slightly insane   Thu May 09, 2013 10:21 am

anto_capone wrote:
8.5k per minute!! omg i have to try this!

8.5k is nothing. you can window farm impossible demands much quicker.

this is my record on an elite run, obviously there's bonuses for first elite completion blablabla. you can get about 15k/min zerging it on epic normal.

go to the first room, talk to her kill her, go to second room, release all the hostages. go through left door, kite/intim her in to the back corner...and take her down. she is far enough away from other hostages to revive herself.

edit : first image is too hard to see

if you check the bottom right, 30k for one minute. again there's 80% first run and 15% bonus. you can consistently get 15k/min on normal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beth
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Going slightly insane   Thu May 09, 2013 10:55 am

I'm getting red crosses for the images for some reason so bit hazy on which back corner you're meaning. When you say second room, you mean the central room, yeah?

I'll have a go later tonight and try to work it out Very Happy

Nice to see you around here again!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
refutor
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Going slightly insane   Thu May 09, 2013 11:29 am

probably coming from somewhere where they don't share pictures. it was 30k for one minute trust me! the second room is the central room. there's a left door you can lead her through.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beth
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Going slightly insane   Fri May 17, 2013 8:42 am

I got around to trying what you said last night! I think I must be blonde or something as the priestess kept on being able to suck the life out of nearby prisonsers. So what I'm doing instead is

1) doing the initial kill in the first room where you talk to her, then once she's started her walkabout,
2)heading left from the first room up the stairs to the room that is in the south west corner, releasing prisoners from there and then pulling the priestess into that room to kill her.

I'm getting 1 minute on the timer for the xp report, but really when I time it from zone in to zone out its taking about 2 and a half mins. But given that the quest turn in and run back to start again is quicker than for rusted blades, I'm getting about 12 runs of it in an hour, as opposed to the 9 runs I can manage for RBs if I'm doing it alone and so not window farming.

Which is very nice indeed ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beth
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Going slightly insane   Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:26 pm

The end is in sight for maxing out my EDs. I think I can only get another 4 fate points in total and so soon I'll be mulling over the different combination of twists that would work for my fighter. It's been interesting running through the different destinies and I've been pleasantly surprised at how some destinies which I though would be useless have turned out to be rather nice. Fatesinger for example! Nice damage possible and I love being able to sing songs. My inner bard is very happy.

But yeah, some careful mulling needed, and a decision about whether I want to have the twist slots as tiers 1,3,3 or 1,2,4. I may even have to make some kind of chart or diagram with pretty colours and illustrations. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going slightly insane   

Back to top Go down

Going slightly insane
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1