» How's life treating ya?
Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:10 pm by Trinity

» NNGO Airship Amenities & Crew [Guild Level: 81]
Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:15 am by Beth

» Laugh of the day
Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:26 pm by Bekah

» Introductions
Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:33 pm by anto_capone

» Bundlenomics Exposé, or, Where the Cheap Games At?
Mon May 29, 2017 9:25 pm by anto_capone

» Communication with the Royal English Embassy
Sun May 21, 2017 4:55 pm by Bekah

» Post something awesome!
Tue May 16, 2017 5:22 am by Minority01

» Totally legit US presidential poll
Tue May 16, 2017 5:09 am by Minority01

» Headset Survey
Tue May 16, 2017 4:54 am by Minority01

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 66 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:37 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

Share | 

Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Bellz
Knight

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:49 pm

rotfl the banner is a personal joke... and nothing serious Wink
(see that is the fun thing about this place... I can joke with him without any idiots getting butt hurt over it)

you can twist his nipples all ya want ... or the kitten can for that matter...pretty sure he likes it

and we had that denial conversation Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Motherlucka
Knight

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:47 pm

Sign me up on this petition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Likaios
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:43 pm

This appeared today in a fun/community building thread in Imleach:

{Camel} wrote:
Camel plods in and sits a spell for a short nap. She watches the humans having some fun and grins her toothy grin, hoping they all remember to keep it IC and period relevant. She really needs her beauty sleep.

I promptly sent this message off to Badger after seeing it:
Quote :

This appeared today in a game thread in the Imleach town forum.

{Camel} wrote:
Camel plods in and sits a spell for a short nap. She watches the humans having some fun and grins her toothy grin, hoping they all remember to keep it IC and period relevant. She really needs her beauty sleep.

The game in question is the "show me" game, where each poster puts up a picture of whatever the last poster requested. There is absolutely no need for a censor presence in it. Nor is it up to censors to decide what is "period appropriate" in this world, which I assure you is entirely fictional just based on the IG stuff we've been given by Celsius.

I would have addressed this to Wombat, but my experience with her has been that she disregards every concern I raise with her. Please have a word with her and Camel and ask them to lighten up a bit?

Thanks.

Seriously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donnor
Knight

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:53 pm

Censors are great at ruining and RP conversation by interjecting their fucking comments when they are not needed, Give them hell! Razz

I'll live by the sword, and die by the sword.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bellz
Knight

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:44 pm

seriously? wtf plods into the thread... I'm so gonna start posting shit just to piss them off
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elois
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:24 pm

They should go back to unmasked censors. I feel like half these censors get some personal satisfaction out of trolling anonymously like this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beth
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:01 pm

How period appropriate is a talking camel in a small irish town in November 1458?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edwin
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:15 pm

Ooh! It's 'Censors go to hell' thread! Very Happy I'm about to pull a long one on them soon despite my 3 month forum vacations for comparing Amelia to a lizard... Now that's an overkill...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhaila
Knight

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:52 pm

Just wanted to say I looooooooooooove your banner! I could pick ya up and smother you Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elois
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:02 pm

Edwin wrote:
Ooh! It's 'Censors go to hell' thread! Very Happy I'm about to pull a long one on them soon despite my 3 month forum vacations for comparing Amelia to a lizard... Now that's an overkill...

LOL, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Welcome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beth
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:01 am

Officious bastards strike again. Censor council voted to move a thread of mine to the Weald. Anyone got a mosquito swat?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elois
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:04 am

Elois wrote:
Edwin wrote:

LOL, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Welcome. Very Happy

Actually, this is a more appropriate description:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elois
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:41 pm

Jethro tells me he got a from mail from Angelfish because his banner that says Merry Christmas is considered "flaming, baiting and harassment." Wow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bellz
Knight

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:24 pm

flaming, baiting and harassment?

WTF
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sephrenia
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:42 pm

eh the only way I can figure that is them using the rule against RL religious stuff but wtf, it's not flaming or baiting or harrassment. What happened to polite requests?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anto_capone
Royal

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:58 pm

Elois wrote:
Jethro tells me he got a from mail from Angelfish because his banner that says Merry Christmas is considered "flaming, baiting and harassment." Wow.

Suspect

Royal

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:59 pm

Merry Christmas of Doooooom!!!

Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:53 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTGlUMvbhSw
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bekah
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:39 pm

Quote :
1. Reference to real political or religious institutions or use of their images, language, phrases or slogans is forbidden, as is using terminology such as Internet, AIM, computer, America, Canada or Europe. Any post containing this language shall be considered out of character and subject to rule 4B.

This is the rule that is being used, but I don't see how it can be used in the case of a banner. There is no reference to an institution nor an image. If it was used in a RP, then fair enough (still pushing it to be honest, but fairer than this). I know for a fact that all banners are considered to be OOC, so I see no reason why we can't say Merry Christmas OOCly. I think that I need to put up a Happy Hannukah banner and see what I get told Twisted Evil (and yes, it is still hannukah lol)

Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:34 am

Ho ho ho. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beth
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:43 am

Scratching my head over this one. They allow avatars of any kind. Banners are usually used to reflect an aspect of character and this is often done with modern references which give a flavour (so they become metaphoric or symbolic) - like if i saw a banner with someone weilding a chain saw, well that's a nifty shorthand to a character note.

I've seen plenty seasonal/holiday themed ones in the past. And really, unless someone's complained - who gives a crap? TBH if someone was using a banner to overtly promote a RL political party or religion, I'd get miffed. But holiday stuff? C'mon ... they do need to acknowledge the social aspect of the site and lighten up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bellz
Knight

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:57 pm

I had a banner for Remembrance Day last year to honor my Grandpa... I never heard a peep from anyone.

Hell the one I have now talks about Santa even Laughing

that censor needs to remove the stick from their ass
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elois
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:13 pm

Maybe someone will find my wearing of fur offensive next.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sephrenia
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:29 pm

Elois wrote:
Maybe someone will find my wearing of fur offensive next.

I'm hugely offended Elois. Just.... I can't even describe it Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Melissa.
Knight

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:50 pm

FYI be prepared, mini rant about RK. Ill but just read this and picked up on it thinking seriously WTF, why has noone noticed or said anything?!!

I was late in noticing but would've actually intervened had I seen this earlier... My language would probably have got me a ban as it wouldn't just be a rant at the friggin censors.

What is up with the Petey/ Bella/ Sarge chick being picked on for nearly 30 pages spread over 3 threads, mainly her Randomness one?

Personally I don't know her that much but she's perhaps in her late teens, there's a good number of people from what it appears bullying her, am I right or wrong? Seriously doing that on RK? If it is ooc petty snide behaviour to another player and how they live their life, her shit is her shit and I bet everyone's shit stinks.

Why has noone prevented it, in particular the censors as it is clearly ooc baiting, another e.g. on just how shite their management is, surely must be blind. I was genuinely concerned thinking is this what my generation is really like? Like anyone would be happy if in the playground a classmate watches their kid getting bullied, by not just one but a good few people, some of them probably quite a bit older? Just be another good e.g. of the Bystander effect.

What has the world come to... It just looked like quite a pussified thing to do. Instead of hating just laissez faire un derrier, be a bigger man and don't initiate the haters.

x m
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next