AuthorMessage
WhiteSnow
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:03 pm

Sullihan wrote:
God this revving up, revving up, revving up to war is tiring...Every time Fury returns to Scotland from somewhere we have this BS and it's ALWAYS 100% Galloway looking for a fight.  How bout we skip it this time and you just come cut my head off while I cut off yours?  We all be happy then eh? Very Happy

You forgot to add "past is past" part Wink

Donte wrote:
Dry - you got my sword, for old times if anything. Let me know if ya'all need help.

Nice to know, you're always welcome Wink Come to Scotland.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sullihan
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:31 pm

O, I don't doubt Ian said every single thing floating around that's pinned on him...but then he's a pathologically lying, self promoting braggart (and I'm personally ecstatic that Fury killed him Very Happy) as can be seen by the trail of titles two miles long he's given himself.

I'm sure he told the French anything and everything to make himself look like God's gift to Earth and I wouldn't be surprised if he truly did/does intend to "save" Glasgow from Fury with outside help.  But I doubt Galloway County has anything to do with it.  I think it's even doubtful Campbell does...it currently hardly exists besides a few vocal talking heads Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fitz_
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:03 am

TheMightyTrooper wrote:
This is really sad. Why can't Galloway just focus on trade and growing as a County? Why can't they grow up? This is just stupid. They're a dying County that wants to fight all of it's neighbours, even when all of their neighbours can crush them.

You could not be more 180 degree incorrect if you tried. Galloway has been trading with both its neighbours and is always looking for trade opportunities; with two gold mines we can gobble up all the stone and iron we can get our hands on. Unfortunately for Galloway, Glasgow recently had to stop iron trades with Galloway, but the reason behind that is not due to conflict, but because Glasgow's gold mine has been moved to a more usable location and as such Glasgow could actually do with resource imports itself now.

You can ask the Duke of Glasgow if you want and he will tell you the same thing, that the councils of Glasgow and Galloway have been cooperating peacefully without exception for a long time. It's only now that fury and Ian have returned that both parties have shaken the boat. The first, fury, being the single and only entity in all of Scotland that is trying to create war, and the second, Ian, being the fool who spoke nonsense abroad trying to recruit people to move back to Scotland, which the entire Celtic Alliance evidently and most ridiculously did not even consider discussing with Galloway. Have you people heard of Embassies? I doubt it and I doubt the matter was even discussed with Chancellor Applus of Glasgow either. Here's a thought, instead of listening to bullshit dry whitesnow nonsense theories all of the time, how about the rest of the CA actually talks with the rest of Glasgow, say, the Duke and Chancellor for a change.

Galloway has been sitting quietly, minding its own business and building its own county, and nothing else. Galloway has no interest in war, has never had any interest in war, and if there is war, you mark my words it will be fury marching into Galloway because that is the only war that war is going to be created. Galloway's population has been stable around 340 for something like two years I will add, during which time we have for a start completed our level 4 port, continued construction on the level 4 port in Kirk, added two extra slots to the port in Girvan, neared our target of 100 walls in the capital Wigtown, began construction on walls in Whithorn, continued wall construction in Kirkcudbright, raised our prestige out of the negative and into what is now a sustainable 3.5 to 5 star range consistently, not to mention obviously kept the markets moving and developed our own characters!

So yes, we are perfectly happy to ourselves thank you very much, keep your war and bullshit to yourselves!

Tam/Spr wrote:
Aye, if the stuff about Ian and his lassie is true, then either they've played Galloway like fools, been set up as fall guys or are innocent by some magic. It all depends on how Galloway responds.

Hard for them to play Galloway like fools when Galloway gave them nothing to begin with. Ian travelled abroad on his own accord and said things of his own accord. He represented nobody and soon after he left the county he was removed from his appointed positions. Again, would have been nice if the CA thought it prudent to share this with anyone in Scotland. The CA should stop treating fury as the representatives of Glasgow and Scotland when they only represent themselves and instead treat the elected and appointed officials of Glasgow as oh I don't know, the elected and appointed officials of Glasgow.

Springtime wrote:
There is no way this intel would have been released before CA forces got home.  It's clear a plot was being hatched to attack Glasgow, in order to force the CA out of there, and the source of that threat was in Galloway, where prestige had been raised to 5*.  I am now convinced Galloway, or those based there, are a clear threat to Glasgow, as well as the entire CA. This is a serious problem, not to be shrugged off.

You can rattle your war stick all you want Spring, but Galloway is not budging. We do not nor have we EVER wanted war. Keep it to yourself. Ian is Ian and he has nothing to do with the elected/appointed officials of Galloway nor to do with 95% of the population. As for our prestige, which benefits our economy and our defences, we will continue to do our best to sustainably keep it as high as possible, just as we have been doing for many, many months, and we do not need anyone's permission to do that. Again, keep your war to yourself, Galloway has never been a threat, you people should have shared this information a long time ago as it posed no danger to you, the only reason fury kept it to themselves is so that they could use it to help their pro-war case later in time. Mark my words well, there will be no war unless you people attack Galloway, and I sure as shit hope that doesn't happen because we are perfectly content doing what we have been doing for a long time thank you very much, which is keeping to ourselves and building our county so leave us alone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:19 am

Fitzy wrote:
Hard for them to play Galloway like fools when Galloway gave them nothing to begin with. Ian travelled abroad on his own accord and said things of his own accord. He represented nobody and soon after he left the county he was removed from his appointed positions. Again, would have been nice if the CA thought it prudent to share this with anyone in Scotland. The CA should stop treating fury as the representatives of Glasgow and Scotland when they only represent themselves and instead treat the elected and appointed officials of Glasgow as oh I don't know, the elected and appointed officials of Glasgow.

Then Galloway needs to banish him, expel his wife and put a visa program up against any people from Brittany or France wanting to enter the country. If they don't do that soon, then Galloway is simply burning their own shoes. Like I said, this all depends on how Galloway reacts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Motherlucka
Knight

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:51 am

Our intelligence on this Brittany affair did not come from FURY it came from a reliable outside source that will not be named. It isn't bullshit as you say say Fitz, its the truth as admitted by Ian himself.

You can sugarcoat it as something to bring up Galloway's population but it was really a misguided attempt to bring people in for war.

Quote :
Scotland needs you! The current situation in Scotland is critical. Most of Scotland is under the control of "Celtic Alliance" or CA, an organization of Irish origin, the other half is threatened constantly by England.

So We Need From You to repel the invaders and liberate Scotland

Killing Ian was a decision made by FURY. It was harsh, but not uncalled for. If he hadn't been visiting in Glasgow he would have been fine and this issue would be handled with Galloway's embassy. There was collateral damage, but that is to be expected.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Springtime
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:13 am

Fitz thou doth protest too much.

Here is the gist:

1. Galloway supported a Campbell Queen, over the objections of Glasgow.

2. The would-be Queen infiltrated Glasgow's public offices to secure even more votes, securing the monarch position for herself.

3. Ian then sailed off for France and/or Brittany, where his new wife was seen recruiting fighters to force the CA out of Scotland.

4. Ian was seen trying to gain a audience with the Grand Duke of Brittany, claiming to be representing the Duke of Galloway and Queen of Scotland.

5. Taken as a whole the above items amount to a violation of the treaty Galloway signed with Glasgow, namely:

Quote :
- The counties of Glasgow and Galloway will work together to maintain peace in Scotland from this moment on.

Galloway refused to work with Glasgow to find a monarch that was acceptable to both counties, and instead supported one deeply hostile to Glasgow.  On top of this Ian went to Brittany, looking for support to remove the CA (and hence Fury) from Scotland.

Glasgow then acted to protect their county, when those plotting to force the CA out of Scotland made a large armed group, and headed up to their capitol.  They saw a threat and they defended against it, with the best option they had available.

Now we have Pit51 & company running wild out there, possibly getting back in with Tanissa & company, with a real possibility they will again set their sights on Scotland.  You need to stop trying to blame everyone else, own up to what happened here, and try to make it right.  I don't believe Ian was acting all on his own.  Maybe many in Galloway will buy that story, but I wasn't born yesterday.  Why would Ian look for allies in a war he had no local support for?  It makes no sense.  Someone supported this, someone in power.  I believe it had to be either the pretender on the Scottish throne or the Duke of Galloway (maybe both).

The only hope to avoid all out civil war is for Galloway to admit fault and make amends.  A start would be Galloway asking Glasgow what they need to do to make this right.  And if the Frets come back to Scotland, this is going to get very ugly.  You are going to need the CA to help defend your country, and you may also need the help of others, Tanissa has a huge fleet of battle carracks now, and Pit has 4-8 more warships from Brittany.  Ian (and whoever sent him to Brittany) may have put all of Scotland at risk again.

Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:33 am

Zitz wrote:
It's only now that fury and Ian have returned that both parties have shaken the boat.

Quote :
Whitesnow is the clan you heard of, and they invaded a country with allies. Allies that have friends with us as well. My clan alone can and have defeated them in battle, embarassed them pretty badly not long ago. If we can organize a group of Glaswegians (Its a long growing list now), then we can finally at least get this country working together.

I like the idea of running a list. I like Truth too, a good lad. START has a lot of people that would support a group like us, so expect a lot of them to be standing with you if it came to that.

Roll with old Julius a little bit, and you'll certainly get a change from the mundane day to day stuff. We're always coming up with something to do lol.

Now who can be the author ? Definitely not someone from Galloway, right ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:35 am

Where's that one come from Dry? And who is stupid enough post that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WhiteSnow
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:43 am

Mails to newborns in Glasgow. Isnt hard to guess who was that is it ? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:51 am

Sinthas sent me two other copies as well, a good bit different.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WhiteSnow
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:57 am

He didnt take into account that some newborn can be actually a reborn. And a veteran of Fury.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:17 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WhiteSnow
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:38 am

This situation is actually even more funny. Our guy was a military advisor when JO was the steward.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fitz_
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:53 am

Spring, you can protest about secret Galloway plots all you want but the facts remain that Ian has nothing to do with Galloway's government and he was not representing Galloway abroad. How stupid you find him or he actually is does not change that fact. I don't get the impression that he was overly successful in his recruitment campaign and I'm not overly involved or bothered by him being attacked by a fury army, because it is stupid of someone openly anti-fury to travel into fury's home and not expect repercussions. I also reiterate that throwing his actions at us (a separate entity, mind you) after the fact is useless, if you people really wanted to cooperate with us, like we are always trying to do with you, than you should have spoken to us about this ages ago, and you would have found us very cooperative, as we always are (but nobody would know that because you avoid and label us like the plague).

What I do care about is all this war-calling from fury and now CA elements here in regards to attacking Galloway, when Galloway has nothing to do with the affair and is perfectly content (in fact our plans consist solely of) with continuing on our merry lives by ourselves as we have been for a long time now, building Galloway and getting on with our lives. As far as these Brittany affairs go, as much as your obvious foreign intelligence gathering is admirable, I for one have been content under my rock (otherwise known as studying at the University) and have no idea about these matters. I don't know how much intelligence gathering the Duke of Galloway (Evan) has going on but I'd wager it's nowhere as good as your's. I didn't even realize there was something I should, apparently, be keeping an eye on. So these matters don't really have anything to do with us, unless your saying that we're about to be invaded by the frets again.

This is another example of where you should be speaking with Galloway about these matters. I don't know if you are assuming we are aware of these things all of the time. We're not. We're here, minding our own business, not sending representatives abroad, not condoning any wars, getting on with our lives, and now suddenly being bombarded with calls for war against us by you people for things we had no involvement with, not to mention this France/Brittany factor that I keep reading now and have no knowledge about whatsoever. So I reiterate, I don't give a shit about Ian being killed, we didn't know about his lies in France, we have not been plotting anything, that is an outright lie, and we do not nor have ever wanted war so keep it to yourselves. If Galloway is attacked, if there is war now, it will not be Galloway breaking the peace treaty. Galloway wont raise arms against anyone, mark my words, we have no plans to invade or attack any state and you can keep that in mind as time goes forward and I am proven correct.

ETA: Sure I'm being aggravated but you would be too if you and your county (I've been on the last 4 councils straight and Duke of the first 2) were minding your own business, and you personally were very happy to do nothing but sit on your arse studying and working towards level 4, not getting involved with the world, when suddenly out of the blue someone from your county is killed, which doesn't especially bother you, but then everyone is calling for war against your county for plots and things you had no knowledge about at all which are being blown out of proportion, and you want nothing but to be left the heck alone to continue with your solitary happiness. Hence why I keep saying leave us the heck alone we're fine keeping to ourselves thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WhiteSnow
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:24 am

Who are you anyways ?

Oh.

Goodbye.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fitz_
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:32 am

"I've been on the last 4 councils straight and Duke of the first 2".... played said character I probably should say but that always seems unimportant in this venue.

All of which have been "COG" councils. The second of which created the 5 star prestige that Spring seems to find offensive. So I'll say what I like about Galloway thanks cat - I certainly know a lot more about it than you do. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WhiteSnow
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:35 am

Who cares ?

Does 'old rolling Julius" cares ?

Goodbye nub.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fitz_
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:36 am

For the Irish players. Just want to point out that Ian.de.brus has been charged in Galloway's Court with impersonating an elected official and has pleaded guilty. Additionally, Evan, Duke of Galloway, has raised a public discussion to ban or otherwise arm against Pit and his ilk from entering Galloway.

So there's some correct information for you. Next time you have information concerning Galloway or Scotland, do contact the actual officials of Galloway and Glasgow as opposed to just fury. Now I am going to step back because the top-leaders of Scotland are talking and it is not my place to keep saying these things, despite the truth. I reiterate lastly though, Galloway has broken nothing, has kept to itself and has no interest in war.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WhiteSnow
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:49 am

Goodbye nub.

Or if you'll will continue, I will call Galloway to answer for the words written in peace treaty right now.

Understood ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jurias
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:11 am

Fitz wrote:
For the Irish players. Just want to point out that Ian.de.brus has been charged in Galloway's Court with impersonating an elected official and has pleaded guilty. Additionally, Evan, Duke of Galloway, has raised a public discussion to ban or otherwise arm against Pit and his ilk from entering Galloway.

Does seem logical that the county would try to cover their asses once they plan was found out and it could no longer be effective. Now they're under threat of being demolished. It's what I'd do...

"Oh no, look! We're innocent! We would never condone such atrocious things!"

You aren't going to roll over, with no hope in hell of winning and admit everything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WhiteSnow
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:46 am

Something for Zitz personally.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sullihan
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:26 pm

Jurias wrote:
Fitz wrote:

Does seem logical that the county would try to cover their asses once they plan was found out and it could no longer be effective. Now they're under threat of being demolished. It's what I'd do...

You aren't going to roll over, with no hope in hell of winning and admit everything.

Or maybe Galloway had no idea what was going on and Ian was a loose canon. It doesn't require a county's consent for someone to sail abroad and lie about who they are and what they represent.

In addition why would Galloway be paying attention to what's going on in Brittany or France? It barely has an international presence. That te CA spotted his actions first doesn't mean Galloway is implicit...it means Galloway didn't see it happening and was not told once it happened until now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anto_capone
Royal

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:39 pm

Jurias wrote:
Fitz wrote:

What were they supposed to do? If someone in Chonnacht was doing the same, then that sounds like about what I would do...

I don't understand most of the rhetoric here.

Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:05 pm

Pretty much, Galloway's doing everything they can to back things down, followed on with almost everything I've suggested. The way I see it, Glasgow attacks Galloway, we lose an easy walk towards England if we ever feel like punching them around, there's no real reason to attack Galloway on this instance. Don't get me wrong, still pissed about the year long sit in with the Frets, annoyed that the Campbells attacked Stirling, banned a bunch of them while mayor. But if we're going to go nuclear, lets have a more solid reason, than because that idiotic fool Ian opened his mouth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Springtime
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:27 pm

Sullihan wrote:
Jurias wrote:
Fitz wrote:

Or maybe Galloway had no idea what was going on and Ian was a loose canon. It doesn't require a county's consent for someone to sail abroad and lie about who they are and what they represent.

In addition why would Galloway be paying attention to what's going on in Brittany or France? It barely has an international presence. That te CA spotted his actions first doesn't mean Galloway is implicit...it means Galloway didn't see it happening and was not told once it happened until now.

The reason Galloway wasn't told, is no one in the CA could know if Galloway was involved, and we had a large portion of our fighting force down in Portugal when we heard of this.  There was no Laighean 5* army in Glasgow.  Galloway had 5* prestige (made fairly recently, sometime after our forces sailed South).  We couldn't risk an immediate invasion of Glasgow while the CA forces were away.  

Think about if the situation were reversed, and Galloway had sent armies to help an ally, and you heard of a plot to attack your home.  Wouldn't you get your forces home first before addressing the issue?  Glasgow's council was told of this situation, and had the intel even while the CA was in Portugal.  Fury was not hiding it, but making it public, or even telling Galloway privately, with Glasgow exposed and vulnerable was deemed too risky.

Then the plotters were seen approaching Glasgow City, so soldiers were rallied, and the threats were neutralized.  That resulted in the first part of the intel being exposed, to explain why the army attack was done, and things snowballed from there.

I think Galloway needs to talk to Glasgow directly, and try to find some way to work together, like the treaty requires.  In my view this needs to include agreeing on monarch candidates supported by either council (with their free votes).  This all started with Sheridan's election as Queen, before that things were going well, but after Glasgow has been very concerned about her open hostility to their county.  There is no way if anyone can know if Ian had the support of Sheridan and/or JO before he left on his trip to Brittany, and we also can't be sure if he had the support of the Duke of Galloway, but if Galloway makes an effort to reach out to Glasgow now, that could avoid a nasty civil war.  The monarch is a clear point of contention between the counties, I'd like to see that resolved once and for all.

As for the Frets (Tanissa and Pit51), they are a clear threat, and we don't know where they are going, so Galloway needs to prepare.  The CA is always ready to take action if attacked, but I'm not sure the same can be said for Galloway.  I would like to see Galloway and Glasgow working together, as that would deter the Frets from trying to land in Scotland.  If they can see divisions and strife, it will make Scotland look like an attractive target.

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   

Back to top Go down

Funny Scottish Shit
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next