Royal

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Combat   Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:16 pm

Some stuff from the wiki,

Quote :
Assault

When you hold a seat, you have the ability to launch an assault. Your soldiers then mounted on the fortifications and trying to destroy the besieged. Thus, it is not the moral that defines the winner, but the result of attacks carried out.

Warning: From high losses are expected. Riders and Knights must dismount and mount an attack. They lose their bonus.

It is possible to calculate the forces in power to estimate the chances of a successful attack.

The military potential of an army is equal to the number of units x power unit type x x modifier moral siege roll x between 0 and 1

Specifically, a militia regiment in defense is

50 x 1 (force) x 0.6 (moral core of the urban garrison) x 2 (defenders have x2) x roll, 60 roll out.

Conversely, attackers have a penalty assault dividing by two military potential. In addition, the mounted units have their force divided by 3, since dismantled. As follows:

Militia: 50 x 0.3 x 1/2 x = 7.5 roll out roll

Cavaliers: 50 x (2.3) x 0.6 / 2 x 10 = roll off roll

The assault is therefore really possible if the attackers exceed the minimum and strictly military potential supporters. Sometimes it is better to wait for the moral decline or just wait until the end of the siege. It holds that at least 10 times more attackers than defenders hope to win an assault.

Note that in case of failure of the assault, if the morale of the army falls to 0, output defenders can be enough to destroy the besiegers.

I'm trying to figure out how many losses I can expect if I assault this city. It's taking much longer to siege this one, not sure why to be honest. It is falling, so I probably won't risk losing my troops (those are taxable soldiers after all! ^^), but I want to figure it out, by the numbers.

They have 49 troops left, with 30% moral. According to the table, that means:

49 X .3 X 2 = 29.4

I have 397 troops left (50 infantry and 347 militia), so:

347 X .3 X 1/2 = 52.05 plus:
50 X .4 X 1/2 = 10

So, my 62.05 vs their 29.4. I should win easily, but I don't like taking heavy losses when I got some bad neighbors.. Hmmm. Razz

Royal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Combat   Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:26 am

I opted not to wait, for some reason their city morale stopped dropping. Every couple hours one of my troops was getting picked off too.

Assaulted the city walls:

Quote :
3 august 1137 - House de Viana do Castelo's army Garnison de la capitale de la Seigneurie de Viana do Castelo entered combat.
3 august 1137 - House de Castoverde's army Doom entered combat.
4 august 1137 - de Viana do Castelo's army Garnison de la capitale de la Seigneurie de Viana do Castelo lost 15 men.
4 august 1137 - de Castoverde's army Doom lost 15 men.
5 august 1137 - de Viana do Castelo's army Garnison de la capitale de la Seigneurie de Viana do Castelo lost 14 men.
5 august 1137 - de Castoverde's army Doom lost 14 men.
6 august 1137 - de Viana do Castelo's army Garnison de la capitale de la Seigneurie de Viana do Castelo lost 13 men.
6 august 1137 - de Castoverde's army Doom lost 6 men.
7 august 1137 - de Castoverde's army Doom lost 0 men.

Quote :
7 august 1137 - House de Castoverde takes Viana do Castelo which is controlled by house de Viana do Castelo

Mwahaha Very Happy

Royal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Combat   Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:03 pm

Quote :
FC when assaulting a city's seat:

- Militiamen: 1 * 0.3 / 2 = 0.15
- Infantrymen: 1.5 * 0.4 / 2 = 0.3
- Cavaliers: 2 * 0.6 / 3 = 0.4
- Knights. 3 * ​​0.8 / 3 = 0.8

FC when defending uses the same above formula except the morale is variable, depending on the siege; and also instead of halved it is doubled.

For example, when conducting a siege on a town with level 2 walls, you will need at least 350 troops to even start the siege. But, could you successfully take a city that has only the automatic garrison?

Level 2 walls (ramparts) will have a garrison of 100 militia, with a starting base of 60% morale (doubled). Their morale will decrease over time.

Their FC would be: 100 (amount of troops) * 1 (combat strength per unit) * .6 (current morale) *2 (defender bonus) = 120 FC
If you only brought 350 militia, which is not recommended because once you lose a single troop the siege is lost, but your FC in an assault would be: 350 *1 *.3 /2 = 52.5 FC

Defender would probably win the first day, and the win would boost their morale. Meanwhile, the loss would hurt the assaults morale. Keep in mind there is always a random factor added as well.

Last edited by anto_capone on Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nngo.biz
anto_capone
Royal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Combat   Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:57 am

Distan stopped playing, so I am taking over his city now.

He has 88 militia left with a morale of 60%.

88* 1* .6* 2 = 105.6

I have 498 infantry and 100 cavalry

498* 1.5* .4* /2 = 149.4
100* 2* .6 /3 = 40

So, his 105.6 vs my 189.4. Longer I wait to assault, less his morale becomes, better my chances get.

Royal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Combat   Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:44 am

There are some pretty cool subtle things to combat units.

Mounted moves twice as fast than on foot. Also, I think terrain changes the time to march. Makes me want to better plot my routes now.

The first of the month is when troops get paid and fed and replenished if in a territory you control.

FC when fighting in open plains, or outside city etc:

- Militiamen: 1 * 0.3 = 0.3
- Infantrymen: 1.5 * 0.4 = 0.6
- Cavaliers: 2 * 0.6 = 1.2
- Knights. 3 * ​​0.8 = 2.4

Noble

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Combat   Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:16 pm

(trying to find stuff on armies, altho this isn't it :/) Rough translation from their forum:

fighting

Always a fight between two camps (never more nor less). A fight begins when armed enemy family are stacked. We consider that an army already on the box for at least 15 days is a defender situation (not to be confused with the besieged in the case of a seat).

Battles take place in turn-rate of one revolution every IG day. Each round follows the same pattern.

We begin by calculating the number of blows each camp: it is simply the sum of blows each regiment. The number of blows inflicted by a regiment is:
its workforce,

multiplied by the combat factor,
halved if the regiment is under a moral core,
increased by 50% if the regiment 5 full hearts,
multiplied by a random factor (between 0 and 1)
increased by 10% if the army is controlled by a martial character (partially implemented)

In case of assault in a siege:

Multiply that number by two to blow the besieged,
divided by three for the cavalry and chivalry,
Winter armies are not the defender position (arrival on the box there are less than 15 days) lose 20%

Once this calculation for all armed, we move to the next step: we distribute blows.

each army will receive a number of moves in proportion to the number of men she has in his camp (if there is an army will take it all blows, if it represents 50% of the workforce of camps she will take the moitiée).
in the case of an assault in a siege, the armies besieged ignore 2/3 of harm done to them.
an army loses a man for 4 beatings.
losses are affected by regiment regiment randomly pulling regiment and losses is applied to it. If he can cash in all, we draw another random and takes what is left to apply. Is repeated until all the losses to be applied.

Finally, the evolution of the moral is calculated according to the loss. Morale is lost won at the camps according to the formula:

((enemies killed - dead allies) / remaining workforce) * 2.5 hearts
Well lose half of its workforce lost 2.5 hearts (and in fact earn as much in opposite camps)
If both sides lose as many men and as much strength, morale does not evolve

Obviously after this last step if a camp was destroyed, the combat ends.

PostSubject: Re: Combat   

Back to top Go down

Combat
Page 1 of 1