» How's life treating ya?
Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:10 pm by Trinity

» NNGO Airship Amenities & Crew [Guild Level: 81]
Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:15 am by Beth

» Laugh of the day
Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:26 pm by Bekah

» Introductions
Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:33 pm by anto_capone

» Bundlenomics Exposé, or, Where the Cheap Games At?
Mon May 29, 2017 9:25 pm by anto_capone

» Communication with the Royal English Embassy
Sun May 21, 2017 4:55 pm by Bekah

» Post something awesome!
Tue May 16, 2017 5:22 am by Minority01

» Totally legit US presidential poll
Tue May 16, 2017 5:09 am by Minority01

» Headset Survey
Tue May 16, 2017 4:54 am by Minority01

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 66 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:37 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

Share | 

Would most people during RK times get to see animals which censors are?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
_Melissa.
Knight

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Would most people during RK times get to see animals which censors are?   Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:56 pm

Last edited by _Melissa. on Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ziona
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Would most people during RK times get to see animals which censors are?   Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:16 pm

RK isn't utilizing Sloth. Sloth would be the best censor because all it would do is eat leaves and nap in a tree. No such thing as a chatty Sloth with a Napoleon complex. Nope. Then we'd have fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mick
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Would most people during RK times get to see animals which censors are?   Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:34 pm

If you don't like what the censors do there, don't post there. Post here instead. Don't just use this as a place to complain about them - use this as a place where you don't even need to think about them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beth
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Would most people during RK times get to see animals which censors are?   Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:46 pm

Mick wrote:
If you don't like what the censors do there, don't post there. Post here instead. Don't just use this as a place to complain about them - use this as a place where you don't even need to think about them.

This ^

While I appreciate that many are using this forum as their venting ground, I think the original vision for this forum is kinda getting lost.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stalvan
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Would most people during RK times get to see animals which censors are?   Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:22 pm

That's because it's a valve: saying something like this thread in the RK forums would be locked down or at least split away, so this place where we're allowed to swear and complain etc is natually attractive. Maybe we need another subforum here "Bitch about Celsius HERE", so that valve is still there for us, but the rest of this forum can refocus on the original vision?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bekah
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Would most people during RK times get to see animals which censors are?   Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:22 am

*puts on a critter skin, like, erm a dandy lion*

Ok, this sort of thing is not allowed, I am locking this thread just in case you might think about complaining and if you don't like it, you can fill out your complaint in triplicate, and send it to:

Blahblah@wedon'tcare.com

We might even laugh as we read about your whining.

Your friendly zoo Dandy Lion ..

**Disclaimer: this may or may not reflect the attitude of the game creators, we wouldn't know - they haven't been seen for years ....

( Suspect Laughing Laughing )

Knight

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Would most people during RK times get to see animals which censors are?   Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:48 am

Last edited by _Melissa. on Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the_flame
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Would most people during RK times get to see animals which censors are?   Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:14 pm

If in Middle Ages anyone would meet talking animal, it would be burned as Satan's incarnation methinks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HappyHerder
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Would most people during RK times get to see animals which censors are?   Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:17 pm

As for "seeing" the animals, the ancient Romans brought back beasts from all over the world, and there was a bit of rare animal trade/show pets for the royalty and ultra rich. When a huge tournament was held they may have seen some "foreign" beasts then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Telcara
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Would most people during RK times get to see animals which censors are?   Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:55 am

In most European countries? uh nope XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boris
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Whiskey Distiller

PostSubject: Re: Would most people during RK times get to see animals which censors are?   Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:24 am

If you are genuinely looking for an anachronism in RK, then look no further than the concept of Democracy. The presence of voting undermines any claim to realism, and I truly wish they would remove the word "realistic" from their ad blurb, and replace it with something that represents the game more accurately. "Role-Playing Game with a Historical Renaissance theme" would be cast iron, and could encompass anything they wanted to put into the gameplay model.

Animals as censor masks... as good as anything else, I guess, but there's no mileage in using the concept as a stick to beat them with. No more than questioning the use of modern personages in our own avatars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cina
Serf

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Would most people during RK times get to see animals which censors are?   Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:52 pm

Okay, to seriously answer the original question of this thread, whether our characters would know the difference between a wombat and a persimmon is not relevant to our RK posting.

According to the official view of the censor team (of which I was unaware until I became one) our characters do NOT see the zoo animals. The zoo animals do not exist IC to us at all, which actually makes sense. Why would the characters need to be jumped on by animals who talk and tell them what not to say unless it is in the Weald somewhere?

The fact that so many censors allow character interaction with their animals is just another example of how unevenly the censor team concepts and forum rules are applied.

The animals are not supposed to be RP characters, but that is what they become in the interests of preserving player anonymity. It is bullshit. The entire system of player anonymity just adds another layer of the internet anonymity that allows so many people online to say shitty things to each other they would be embarrassed to say in real life.

Anyway, I am planning a sane and thoughtful letter to send to Badger with some thoughts on the moderation system and its flaws and more importantly how to fix them. Do I think it will make a difference? Not really. But I do think that if we approach it from a constructive angle rather than an inflammatory one there is a snowball's chance something positive could result from it.

Why should any of us give a shit as opposed to following Mick's suggestion and ditching the official forum entirely? Newbs. If the official forum is nothing but barely discernable as IC yowling political threads, memes, and lockdowns, how can we expect anyone new to stick around? I am enjoying this forum, but I also would like it if the place where new folk are automatically sent didn't suck massive donkey dong.

Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elois
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Would most people during RK times get to see animals which censors are?   Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:12 pm

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cina
Serf

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Would most people during RK times get to see animals which censors are?   Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:32 pm

I'll need it, right?

A "sane" letter? Welp, failed before I have begun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Melissa.
Knight

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Would most people during RK times get to see animals which censors are?   Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:49 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would most people during RK times get to see animals which censors are?   

Back to top Go down

Would most people during RK times get to see animals which censors are?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1