~NNGO IZ SRS BSNS~

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» NNGO Airship Amenities & Crew [Guild Level: 81]
Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:39 pm by Beth

» Bundlenomics Exposé, or, Where the Cheap Games At?
Mon May 29, 2017 9:25 pm by anto_capone

» How's life treating ya?
Mon May 29, 2017 12:11 pm by anto_capone

» Communication with the Royal English Embassy
Sun May 21, 2017 4:55 pm by Bekah

» Post something awesome!
Tue May 16, 2017 5:22 am by Minority01

» Totally legit US presidential poll
Tue May 16, 2017 5:09 am by Minority01

» Headset Survey
Tue May 16, 2017 4:54 am by Minority01

» Laugh of the day
Wed May 10, 2017 8:42 pm by Bekah

» The Music Thread!
Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:21 pm by anto_capone

» Discord
Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:28 pm by anto_capone

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 66 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:37 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

Share | 

Funny Scottish Shit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
WhiteSnow
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:08 pm

anto_capone wrote:
[I just would rather see a conflict prevented, even if it would be something easily won.

I would too like it prevented, just I dont think its possible.

I can call Galloway to fulfill their end of the treaty right now, but do we need it right now ?

Last edited by WhiteSnow on Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Springtime
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:09 pm

Hebrin wrote:
Reconciliation treaty
Preamble:
This treaty between the county of Galloway and the county of Glasgow has been created in response to increased tensions between the counties in order to restore the relationship between the counties.

Article 1:
- The group known as Fury, which is primarily based in the county of Glasgow will not target the town of Whithorn or the county of Galloway anymore.
- The county of Glasgow will recognize the town of Whithorn as a full member of the county of Galloway.
- The counties of Glasgow and Galloway will work together to maintain peace in Scotland from this moment on.

Article 2:
- The county of Galloway shall pay once the sum of 9000 pounds to the county of Glasgow to assist in replacing what the county of Glasgow lost during the period of increased tension.
- The soldiers of the army that invaded the county of Glasgow, commanded by Julius Octavius Campbell, shall work in the mines of the county of Glasgow as repayment for the invasion.
- Korna, Launcelot and Julius Octavius Campbell are to be declared outlaws in the county of Glasgow and should be killed on sight if caught on Glasgow's soil.

- Julius Octavius Campbell and Aqueron shall stand trial for crimes in the Glaswegian Court committed against the county of Glasgow.

Signed by our hand this 22nd day of October in the year 1462 in the Kingdom of Scotland

Dry Whitesnow
Duke of Glasgow

Aroch Gordon
Duke of Galloway

HRH, Hebrin MacGavin
King of Scots

Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:20 pm

Thats it. I can call Galloway to fulfill their word right now. We do need it right now ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:48 pm

Okay, if the Campbells and Galloway making Sherd the Queen is an instance of them breaking the treaty, why hasn't it been acted upon earlier? If that's a justifiable reason to attack, we should have pushed sooner, not right now.

The only point I can see is Galloway breaking the maintaining peace part, but even then it's a bit sketchy. The duke's came out stating he'll allow no internal or foreign forces to move through Galloway, on them being kill listed or the likes deserving foes, they've slung Ian in a treason case where he's admitted he's guilty. What else can we aim for in negotiations?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Springtime
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:52 pm

The breaking of the treaty was when Glasgow was very weak, and most of the CA's forces were in Portugal. There was no way to attack Galloway under those conditions, it had to wait. You can't start a war when you are too weak to even defend your own territory. It's that simple.

Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:54 pm

Because Glasgow was unable to fight, with us being in Portugal. Hence as I think Glasgow had to take various slaps to their face, and I do think, well I can be rather aggressive person, but I think they've done well.

And you do not read the treaty well too Tam Wink No offence ofc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:05 pm

If the Queen had attacked Glasgow, or tried to pull a Rothar during the CA and Fury's absence, then aye. Killy kill kill. But there's no mention of of Spring's purposed law in there, and Galloway for the most part has kept the peace with Glasgow, working with each others councils. So it's a case of individuals rather than county on county at this point.

Can't trust a Campbell, they won't trust a Fury. Now, if we go all stabby stabby to their county over this, it's the nuclear option. No way there'll be peace enough to hit England later, and a good chance one of our counties could die, killing Scotland. What's to actually be gained if we go smashy smashy over this right now, county to county?

No taken pal, it's rather late and I woke up at two this morning, I'm bound to be slow on the uptake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Springtime
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:11 pm

The problem is the Campbell's managed to steal the reparations, and rigged a monarch election, then plotted to get Brittany to help them attack Glasgow and drive the CA out of Scotland. Do you really want to wait for them to find an ally (like the Frets) and be able to take over Glasgow?

Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:13 pm

Tam/Spr wrote:
If the Queen had attacked Glasgow, or tried to pull a Rothar during the CA and Fury's absence, then aye. Killy kill kill. But there's no mention of of Spring's purposed law in there, and Galloway for the most part has kept the peace with Glasgow, working with each others councils. So it's a case of individuals rather than county on county at this point.

Can't trust a Campbell, they won't trust a Fury. Now, if we go all stabby stabby to their county over this, it's the nuclear option. No way there'll be peace enough to hit England later, and a good chance one of our counties could die, killing Scotland. What's to actually be gained if we go smashy smashy over this right now, county to county?

No taken pal, it's rather late and I woke up at two this morning, I'm bound to be slow on the uptake.

You did read the treaty ? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Springtime
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:14 pm

If Galloway (or the Campbells) were cheating on the treaty before the ink was even dry, what good is any treaty going to be with them?  Oh and we have a peace treaty with England, and they have been good to their word, so I don't see being at war with England anytime in the foreseeable future.

Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:17 pm

If we made yet another treaty, we'd be in this same debate 6 months down the line. Maybe a bit longer, but I honestly do believe, it would be inevitable.

Leopards don't change their spots Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:20 pm

Quote :
The problem is the Campbell's managed to steal the reparations, and rigged a monarch election

How did the Campbells, who apparently can't find an ally, steal nine thousand quid back? Last I heard that went into Glasgow county, unless I'm being slow again. As for the monarch elections, they have a bigger population, how are we to know citizens themselves in Glasgow didn't vote for her over our own two choices? Glasgow split the vote two ways with our two, it's little wonder she won in the scenario.

Quote :
then plotted to get Brittany to help them attack Glasgow and drive the CA out of Scotland

Show me a link of some Campbell telling Ian to go do this, anything, really. If it can be proven the Campbells are indeed breaking the treaty, I'm the burny burny side. But Ian's a Brus, not a Campbell, he wasn't* an official, he was parading around as one. Other than fancy titles he gave himself, how is he even considered an important figure?

Quote :
Do you really want to wait for them to find an ally (like the Frets) and be able to take over Glasgow?

I was sat in Glasgow city for a year, died defending the place and went to jail for killing one of their armies along with the other natives, I don't need reminding of what frets can do, but I've seen no proof that the council themselves are trying to repeat that situation. A little more than pointing to someone like Ian is needed for me.

Again, any and all evidence, very much wanted on my end.

Treaty wrote:
Article 1:
- The group known as Fury, which is primarily based in the county of Glasgow will not target the town of Whithorn or the county of Galloway anymore.
- The county of Glasgow will recognize the town of Whithorn as a full member of the county of Galloway.
- The counties of Glasgow and Galloway will work together to maintain peace in Scotland from this moment on.

Article 2:
- The county of Galloway shall pay once the sum of 9000 pounds to the county of Glasgow to assist in replacing what the county of Glasgow lost during the period of increased tension.
- The soldiers of the army that invaded the county of Glasgow, commanded by Julius Octavius Campbell, shall work in the mines of the county of Glasgow as repayment for the invasion.
- Korna, Launcelot and Julius Octavius Campbell are to be declared outlaws in the county of Glasgow and should be killed on sight if caught on Glasgow's soil.

This one, Dry? Or have I missed another?  Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Springtime
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:26 pm

As I understand it the reparations were put in Glasgow City (to build ramparts), then Sierra got elected, and now the town is broke.  Maybe some ramparts got built, but I'm guessing not 9K worth.

If Galloway hadn't put their votes behind Sheridan, she would not be Queen now.  The Glasgow council votes would have decided things.  The Duke alone gets 35 free votes.

Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:37 pm

Sierra was also mayor of GC at the time of the elections. Ergo, voting for herself with OUR mayor vote.

It was also maneuvered that the self-proclaimed traitor Davelish got into power in Stirling for the term leading to the elections to vote for her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:39 pm

Quote :
As I understand it the reparations were put in Glasgow City (to build ramparts), then Sierra got elected, and now the town is broke.  Maybe some ramparts got built, but I'm guessing not 9K worth.

Nine grand was never put into the city, I know that for sure. I think if it didn't go to the debt, it went to the getting the materials, paying for stone on the counties end and the likes. The only way that could have been stolen is it had been misplaced outside of the county officials hands. Truth ain't trusted, and Sierra never got on the council beyond the time the attack on Stirling took place, so how'd the hell these funds vanish? O.o

Quote :
If Galloway hadn't put their votes behind Sheridan, she would not be Queen now.  The Glasgow council votes would have decided things.  The Duke alone gets 35 free votes.

Okay, lets say Galloway was wrong in using the council votes during the election, did she in any way break the peace after she was elected? Can anyone trace the current mess to the throne? Not being snide or the likes guys, I just need to get updated since I've been in retreat for half the year Wink

Quote :
Sierra was also mayor of GC at the time of the elections. Ergo, voting for herself with OUR mayor vote.

Shouldn't this be a case for the admins then? Why isn't Sherd eradicated or the likes, along with Sierra?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:43 pm

I think around five grand was placed in when I was mayor, I was meant to do a certain amount of work on the walls, then return the rest so the other places could get some work, if I'm wrong Dry ought to be able to say, it was you I was dealing with at this I think, again, sleepy and tired, and no council access to go over the thread Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Springtime
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:47 pm

They (Sheridan and Sierra) were both arrested, but somehow got out of it (they were in Admin jail, that's how the cheating was found out by the players).

I think the balance of the reparations was put in the Stirling and Glasgow City TH's before Fury left for Portugal. While Fury was gone both TH's fell into Campbell agent hands. It's known for sure Stirling was pillaged, and it's highly likely Glasgow City was as well. So the votes were stolen by subterfuge, and the TH's were pillaged of what reparations were in them. The counties are supposed to be working together, not trying to undermine each other. If anyone did that to Laighean, they would have our armies at their throats already. We wouldn't be talking, we would be stabbing.

Serf

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:01 pm

Speaking as an IRishman who's bored out of his mind in Portugal, weee! I'd like to offer my views as an outsider.

About the Queen: It seems like she convinced people to vote for her, probably all of Galloway did and Glasgow was split, like Ross Perot in the US presidential elections in 1992. I don't know numbers but it seems like Galloway has more and if the bigger voting block picks the candidate from their home turf the minority can't do much. Especially since y'all were in Portugal with us and didn't stick around for the elections. So I really don't think there's much case for your bitching and moaning about it. Especially since in game monarchs have about as much power as a little kid and they die in a few months anyway. If your enemies are so annoying about being queen/king I say let them, then they'll die and be gone. MAybe they are reborn but that character is gone anyway.

About the fight: Y'all attacked people, possibly conspirators but it seems only on a personal level, and killed people who just happened to be in the group. That's murder, sure if we want to be the bad guys but you can't claim to be helping the county by killing people before a trial, that just makes your council look bad and possibly guilty by association. If the Campbells control Galloway and hate us, or Fury, so much then why didn't they do anything while we were gone? IF they wanted to some French mercs could have sailed in and taken the place without lifting a finger. I say it was a bit irresponsible of you to leave your home unguarded with your enemy so close and so untrustworthy. I know, I was in Munster when the shit hit the fan and I hated the NNGO because Munster was my home, but it got so damn boring I was like "fuck it! I'm building ships in An Gort!" and here I am. So, if they really wanted to cause trouble in Glasgow they would have while y'all were gone, but they didn't. So...

Evidence: I don't actually see anything besides some French stuff, just conjecture and speculation. y'all need more than just hating someone to go to war. Unless you just want to go to war for hate, then as Anto said "cut the bullshit". I don't care either way, I''ll be hunky dory! War is war, don't pussyfoot around the reasons why. The only reason Fury would need to try and legitimize the attack on the French guy is to not break the treaty. If you don't care about that...why bother with all this crap? If the admins jailed her and then let her go...she probably wasn't cheating, people usually don't come back from that.

Lastly: I think I'll go to Alexandria, tiny crusade! I touched Trinity's eyebrow and I need to far far away Wink

Edit: If you go around assuming people that disagree with you, ie these mayors who allegedly stole from towns, are agents of your enemies or clones, spies, etc. it looks to me like a guilty conscience. Like a man cheating on his wife who gets overly suspicious of his wife cheating on him. Just my two cents.

Last edited by HandsomeFin on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
julius_octavius
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:05 pm

^^ I like that guy, he makes sense. I'll go on a crusade, been wanting to do that for years.
---------------------

Thats the point. Sheridan wasnt eradicated.

Another point is, why on earth would any Campbell be attempting to break a treaty, and do nothing about it? Or more to the point, why wouldnt Campbell just attack Glasgow when Fury was gone?

If one looks back, on this thread alone, there were swords rattling to invade Galloway long before any 'forum posts' or overzealous people. Doesnt any of this 'info' or 'facts' sound fishy? Try and look at it all with an open mind, not just the fact that some in here thing I am a liar or that a small group like Campbell could be any threat to Glasgow while Ireland has it's back.

You know we are small fish. We do our thing, and hate people who thieve from the hand that feeds. More specifically, our own country. Im sure many in here share that. Dont plunder your home, or friends. Simple lifestyle.

One moment, Campbell and Julius Octavius are pointless and weak. Another, theyre a huge threat that needs eradicated. There was once a time, that Fury worked well with Campbell, same with NNGO. Ever notice when that seemed to have ended?

Meooow.

There's a real liar in your midst, and if Campbell and Galloway do fall. And are crushed by the might of the CA, who I thought I had a few friends with and had very similar ideologies... You dont think there's going to be a new enemy that is so horrible that Whitesnow hates enough to BS all of you again?

I guess it gives a target, but without the CA, Fury is nothing. Piss ants that use words as weapons, rather than the sword. They wouldnt last a week in Scotland without Ireland, and then, maybe Ireland would have a real friend. In fact, if Fury moved to Ireland, we could all probably be friendly and you'd see who the 'Cowbells' really are.

Down to earth, fun, and simple people. Not the lying, manipulating people that we are being made out to be in the recent times.

I thought some of you knew me, and knew us better than that. Maybe thats not the case. Maybe this is all pointless. But in the end of the day, you're going to have a lot less fun if you steamroll a group that has done you no harm and fought in your armies with you. Not to mention, you'll be wasting effort, for way too little profit. What will you gain? Less players in an already dying country?

The logic of it all is crappy, and honestly, Id have expected a more realistic piece of BS if ANY of what has been said about Galloway was true. All one needs to do, is go to the source of the information and you find it isnt how its being presented.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
julius_octavius
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:14 pm

Also, I believe Sheridan was in admin jail, while investigations were held. Due to a member of Fury reporting her for cloning. When it was proven that wasnt the case, she was released like everyone else that happens to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HandsomeFin
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:28 pm

Stuff is happening in Scotland!

Seriously though, I'm giving my money to someone and I'm going on a trek! Ok, not talking about Scotland anymore so I will stop posting here and move to the IRish one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angeljoy25
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character: Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:34 pm

The point is not that Sheridan was not eradicated, that does not mean she is not a cheating witch and you know it.   A lot of people warned me not to trust Sierra, some people in this very discussion here did, but they didn't tell me why.  After Sheridan went for queen, then people began to tell me why.  Only one person who knew first hand was willing to actually go to the admins.  Since then of course Sheridan's "friends" either quit, have gone into retreat, or whatever, so just because she wasn't eradicated does not mean anything only that she talked her way out of it with admins using connection share.

You really might be surprised at who came to me with the information and it was as I said, multiple sources none of which were Fury.  I don't buy for one little second that you don't know it's true.  I haven't called people out and that's been hard and I'm disappointed that people went along with it, but they did because, "she created the account just to rp with me, not to do any harm".  You can save the innocent act and the blaming Fury crap.  

The rest, this is what I said before.  How do we trust Galloway with JO and that mindset?  He just wants Fury gone from Scotland.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HandsomeFin
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:38 pm

Sorry one more, Fury and Campbell, they both hate each other and want the other gone.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
julius_octavius
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:59 pm

Just for the record, we're the boy in that picture, wondering what the fuck is going on.

I am not Chief of Campbell, Duke, or King. What the hell more could you want from us Angeljoy?

My mindset, comes from a man, who constantly hears of attacks, and is forced to constantly think about the same people over and over. It's old. Its boring. I dont care. I was in the middle of attempting something new when this came about, but no, I can't do that because you assume that an overzealous lad who speaks french gathering a whole 0 people from Brittany with a silly forum post from his wife is enough to bother us.

I believe you just want to have it justified and have someone else fight your battles again. If you want to fight, lets fight, we'll do it and you know it.

Dont get others to fight your battles if its war you want. You know as well, that I dont mind a war, especially with people who constantly attack friends of mine. No more than you'd want the same. But its never Fury losing ships, or getting attacked at borders.

Fury is dead, just as much as it's killing Glasgow county. I dont understand why you wont move to Ireland and get away from us. You'd much rather sit and plot strange things about a little group who isnt much bigger if it is, than yours. I dont have the time for that shit, nor do any of us care enough other than Ian it seems, and I think you know where his plans go. He tries too hard.

We dont have an innocent act. We just dont care enough about this stupid feud to go the lengths you are to get others to do what we will do in the open.

If I was so.. power hungry.. and we wanted to rig an election, dont you think Id have ran for King and we'd have done it with me actually IN Scotland?

I guess I can't say it any better than the lad above, who doesnt even give a fuck. lol

Please, back up your claims so that those involved can present the truth, or you can be enlightened on how little we've even considered the word Fury while you were away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terrasophia
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:29 pm

It's simple. You can't win monarch Laughing

In all seriousness, the oldest account doesn't get eradicated, assuming she wasn't able to talk herself out of the accusations. Just look at what's her face, Grace.

Also, wtf, Statler? My ghost is rolling in her grave. Razz

(Carry on, I'm off to DDO again. Makes me nostalgic to see some things never change!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   

Back to top Go down

Funny Scottish Shit
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next