» Games to Replace RK - Reviews
Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:26 pm by fhead

» Queen of Ireland
Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:52 am by jaqk

» How's life treating ya?
Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:10 pm by Trinity

» Introductions
Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:33 pm by anto_capone

» Bundlenomics Exposé, or, Where the Cheap Games At?
Mon May 29, 2017 9:25 pm by anto_capone

» Communication with the Royal English Embassy
Sun May 21, 2017 4:55 pm by Bekah

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 66 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:37 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

Share | 

European Kingdoms

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheMightyTrooper
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: European Kingdoms   Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:16 pm

Alright guys, so there's a game similar to RK that I've been playing for the last 2 weeks or so called European Kingdoms, and my first impression was that it was an RK clone, like Secfenia. However, I've been pleasantly surprised to see some unique mechanics. There are two things I want to stress before I go on, though. This game is still under development. A lot of important mechanics have not been added yet, and any mechanics that are added are likely to be changed. I've spoken to the admin and he's a very helpful and co-operative guy, and takes players feedback into account. The second thing is that this game is not fully translated into English yet, and what has been translated into English isn't that great. I'm doing the translation, but I'm relying purely on Google Translate and context within the game, so it's pretty dodgey, and right now I've only translated ~40% of the game.

The game mechanics are undeveloped, and the game itself is hard to understand, but there's a lot of potential for an amazing game, and an amazing RP community. Imagine how much nicer RK would be if the RP community was still strong? We're bringing in the first wave of English speaking players so we have a blank slate here! The admin is a nice guy, and dedicated, so I can say with confidence this project will stick around if the community can.

With all that being said, let me go into detail of the game.

The most fleshed out feature currently in the game is the economy. When you join you can start out in one of many Kingdoms/Republics on the Italian Peninsula. I began in the Republic of Florence (Repubblica di Firenze) and would encourage all of you to start out here as well, for the sake of being together in one place. My first goal was to get enough money to buy land, so that I could then exploit my land and get more money. How would I do this? East of my city was a forest, so I bought an axe and spent my days marching back and forth chopping and selling wood. Items have a fixed price, so when you sell them on the market you get the money instantly and they're removed from your inventory, and put in the markets inventory for other people to buy. To buy a piece of land you need 500 Gold, and 5 points in the Administration (Amministrazione) skill. That'll take you a bit over a week to get to, and I'm about to get my first piece of land so I'll write up a brief guide of how land ownership works in a few days, when I have a high enough administration skill to get my land.

So how does the skill system work? One action will give you 1 experience point. Leveling a skill up from 0 to 1 costs 10 experience, leveling from 1 to 2 costs 20 experience, and so on. So to get your administration from 0 to 5 you would have had to spend 150 experience to get there. Each action takes a certain amount of time to complete, and drains your fatigue points by a certain number. With the example of cutting wood, chopping a single bushel takes 7 minutes and costs 20 fatigue points. You can queue up multiple actions, and choose to spend 35 minutes cutting 5 bushels of wood at the cost of 100 fatigue points, but that will only count as 1 action so you'll only get 1 experience. Unlike RK's desync, however, your actions aren't limited by how much free time you have to click buttons, they're limited by your fatigue. Within one day you have 100 fatigue to spend, so there's only 35 minutes of work you can do within 24 hours. Reset occurs at 1PM Pacific time, and if you ate a full meal that day your fatigue regenerates to 100, and if you didn't eat it regenerates to 35. Foods can also regenerate your fatigue when you eat them, so it is possible to do more than 100 fatigue points worth of actions, but you're only able to eat 3 meals a day so there's still a hard limit of actions.

Personally, I prefer this mechanic to RK's Desync, but I'm not sure if I prefer something like old RK or Secfenia's 1 action a day thing. They both have their pros and cons. The downside to this is it makes things hard for 5 minute players, since they won't get as much experience as everybody else for basically the same work. The upside is, people like myself that have no life can get ahead! Woo!

Sounds boring, and it is, but that's what the first week or so of gameplay is. More stuff will be added to keep things interesting, and if there's any ideas to make things more interesting please share them! The admin's pretty keen on making things more interesting if it means keeping more players in the game.

So, now that I've given you the basic guide for how to get money and get ahead, let me talk about what's coming up. By the end of the month we should have a full English translation (If we don't it's because I'm a lazy bastard), and once we have a few more English speaking players we'll have our own forum for RP, and the Admin will add a second theater to the IG world. Instead of being stuck in Italy, he'll add the British Isles for us to bomb around in! One mechanic that I'm super stoked about, is the ability to create your own Kingdom and rule it until you're killed or conquered.

If anybody has any questions about the game, feel free to ask them. I have the admin on Skype and can give you his contact details if you want to speak to him directly Very Happy Or you can send him an IG mail. His name is "Gestore".

Also, if you join can you drop your name in the thread? I'm Tylor Beattie, an Irishman that was sailing the Mediterranean on a trade mission before getting caught in a storm and left stranded in Italy! He hopes that he can find some fellow countrymen so they can journey back to their home Razz

~A Peasants Guide to Life in Florence~

The first thing to understand is what all the buttons on the menu mean.

The bag, on the top left: Inventory. In this you will see your equipped items, and any items you may have in your bag.

The globe, on the top middle: Advertisements. Do you ever feel like staring mindlessly and rectangular propaganda that makes you want to buy things? This is the button for you!

The map, on the top right: Map of the world! We'll get into that later. You'll be clicking it a lot.

The bust, to the middle left: Character sheet! It shows your avatar and base stats at the top half, and when you scroll down it will show all of your skills. Starting off you'll want to put your experience into "Amministrazione" so that you can have your own piece of land!

The pen, in the middle of the middle: Forums! Currently useless until Gestore overcomes his xenophobia and gives us an English speaking forum.

The coins, in the middle right: Guilds. Currently you can't start a guild, but you can view already existing ones and their basic information. There is also a banking option from this page.

The gears at the bottom left: User Menu. It has various account options, and a description of all the skills currently coded into the game.

The lock at the bottom middle: Log out. Logs you out of the game.

Next is the Top Bar.

Working from left to right you have experience (The trophy), Health Points (Red cross), Fatigue Points (Pink heart), then a bunch of useless crap that doesn't matter until much later in the game up until you get to the treasure chest (Money).

Now that you know what the buttons do, you'll want to go to the map. You should be at a map of the entire Mediterranean, which looks like this.

Click on the blob that is the Republic of Florence, which is medium sized and on the west coast with a brownish-greenish colour. That will take you to the regional map of Florence.

You start off in the city towards the center of the map that you see. The compass on the top will bring you back towards the map of the Mediterranean, and the ships wheel is the travel button. Right now you'll want to zoom into your city, so click on the city of Florence in the middle of the map. You'll get to this screen

Click on the market stall icon, and you'll get a list of categories.

Animale (Animals)
Arma (Weapons)
Arredamento (Furniture)
Attrezzo (Tools)
Cibo (Food)
Fiore - Pianta (Flowers & Plants)
Gioiello (Jewels)
Materiali da costruzione (Construction Materials)
Minerale (Minerals)
Risorse vegetali (primarie) (Primary resources)
Vario (Misc)
Vestito (Clothes)

Click on the tools category and buy yourself an Axe for 16 gold. Now it's in your inventory! Go to your inventory screen, scroll down until you see your axe and click "Wear". Now that you have the tool you need to chop wood and start making money, go to the map and click the travel button. It'll bring you to this screen.

Click "Viaggiate per Monti Casantinesi" to travel to Monti Casantinesi, the forest to the east of Florence. It's a seven minute journey, and once you arrive go to the regional map of Florence and click on the forest to get to the following screen.

Choose how long you want to work, click "Lavora", and wait until your work's done. Keep chopping until you run out of Fatigue, or your inventory is full, then go back to Florence to sell your wood and get some money. You can eat food to regenerate fatigue, or you can sleep at the tavern for an hour to regenerate 20 fatigue. Once you have 500 gold and 5 Administration you can take your next step to wealth and glory and buy your own piece of land!

Last edited by TheMightyTrooper on Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donte
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: European Kingdoms   Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:30 pm

Went to register but kept getting error messages in Italian, I'm far to unwilling to put any more effort in to decrypt it, so count me out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMightyTrooper
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: European Kingdoms   Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:44 pm

What's the message? I'll change it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sullihan
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: European Kingdoms   Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:18 pm

Was it this Donte?

Quote :
Complimenti, registrazione effettuata!
L'account è gia attivato,ti aspettiamo in europe kingdom !

ps:Abbiamo mandato un e_mail alla posta da te indicata con nome e password

I thought it was an error at possible as it was on a white screen but it translates to this:

Quote :
Congratulations, recording made! This account is already activated, please come in europe kingdom! ps: We sent a e_mail mail you indicated with name and password

Also if you put in the wrong user name/password you get:

Quote :
Utente o password non riconosciuti.

Eseguire di nuovo la procedura di login. Fallimento numero: 1 Con 10 fallimenti consecutivi sarà interdetto l'accessola dalla postazione corrente. Per richiedere assistenza contattare: .

Instead of:

Quote :
User or password not recognized. Rerun the login procedure. Bankruptcy number: 1 With 10 consecutive failures will be prohibited from accessola from your current location. For assistance please contact:.

By the by, just started as Bartholemew Longino in Florence Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aidan
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: European Kingdoms   Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:44 am

Hurry up with that translation and I'll give this game a shot.

IG NAME: "Aidann."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronyx
Serf

PostSubject: Re: European Kingdoms   Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:19 pm

I tried to register, but it gives me a error ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMightyTrooper
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: European Kingdoms   Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:25 pm

Yeah, a few people are having errors. Waiting for the admin to get on then I'll get him to sort his shit out.

Would you mind copying and pasting the error that it gives you though? If it's one of the messages Sullihan posted it's pretty easy to fix Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fitz_
Squire

PostSubject: Re: European Kingdoms   Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:01 am

What do you think the potential is for player recruitment?

That was/is one of the biggest problems with Secfenia and Grail Lords. Pure participation numbers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronyx
Serf

PostSubject: Re: European Kingdoms   Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:27 am

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')', expecting ',' or ';' in /membri/europekingdom/elabora_iscrizione.php on line 32

my error Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMightyTrooper
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: European Kingdoms   Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:08 pm

Alright, that error's fixed now.

And we'll see Fitz Razz the Italian community looks pretty active already, just a matter of getting some Anglophones together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: European Kingdoms   

Back to top Go down

European Kingdoms
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1