» Games to Replace RK - Reviews
Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:26 pm by fhead

» Queen of Ireland
Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:52 am by jaqk

» How's life treating ya?
Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:10 pm by Trinity

» Introductions
Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:33 pm by anto_capone

» Bundlenomics Exposé, or, Where the Cheap Games At?
Mon May 29, 2017 9:25 pm by anto_capone

» Communication with the Royal English Embassy
Sun May 21, 2017 4:55 pm by Bekah

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 66 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:37 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

Share | 

Things that can get you banned

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Corinna
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Things that can get you banned   Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:35 pm

never said the system was fool proof lol

any words that you submit would be checked out for meaning by the censors before they are added to the list ... you would probably be surprised how many "creative" ways have been found to use vulgar language on the forums

in my opinion. the list is kind of stupid, but it is another one of those things that evolved - some words in England are far more offensive than they are in America for example ... because RK has such a broad player base, and many English as second language players and censors, a reference needed to be developed

anyd word on the list is supposed to be edited out - or at least a notice sent to the player to let them try and find another creative way to say what they are trying for

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edwin
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Things that can get you banned   Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:44 pm

Yeah, let's have your list then:

Bambi - a cartoon deer, created for a purpose of Disney movie. Walt Disney - a known supporter of Nazism and a fascist during the second world war

Topojo - Topo means something in Argentinian so I heard...

Amelious - ??? I suppose there's a hidden word 'dildo' in Mongolian out there somewhere...

Scunthorpe - contains 'cunt' after the first letter, which is already bad in itself.

{Beaver} - a part of a woman body also known as 'the pussy'. In curly brackets it means it's a clitoris of a female cowboy having two colt pistols on sides. Whoa there horsie... Shortcut used - { ,\!/, }

That's like how many? 9 points for me already? More? Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
View user profile
WhiteSnow
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Things that can get you banned   Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:43 pm

Corinna wrote:
never said the system was fool proof lol

any words that you submit would be checked out for meaning by the censors before they are added to the list ... you would probably be surprised how many "creative" ways have been found to use vulgar language on the forums

in my opinion. the list is kind of stupid, but it is another one of those things that evolved - some words in England are far more offensive than they are in America for example ... because RK has such a broad player base, and many English as second language players and censors, a reference needed to be developed

anyd word on the list is supposed to be edited out - or at least a notice sent to the player to let them try and find another creative way to say what they are trying for

Well, I think its worth to try and see how the censors do know the Lithuanian Smile As for the loopholes, there are plenty of those since that rule came to the existance.

Should we use it ? I myself dont have that much time, so mine ideas come to be realized rather slowly, especially given that the forums isnt the thing I do care a lot about. But its the place where I faced a lot of unfairness, mostly for the reason of being Dry Whitesnow. Its the place where mods were supposed to be fair, but they couldnt separate their duties from the lives of their ingame characters.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lance
Knight

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Whiskey Distiller

PostSubject: Re: Things that can get you banned   Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:12 pm

For the record, when they were handing down points for you in Lancaster . . . I always abstained because I felt it was unfair Wink.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corinna
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Things that can get you banned   Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:34 pm

I know I am going to get slammed for posting here too, but you seem to be forgetting a few little things that go along with bans in RK Edwin - or never knew them in the first place

the points system was created because there were two large concerns about the old system - first, that it could be manipulated unfairly punish people, and secondly, because it ratcheted up too quickly, not giving the mods a chance to try and let players know where they made mistakes with the forum rules

various systems from other areas of RK were reviewed - I think this one came from Germany or Scandinavia , but I could be wrong - the information on how the system is to be applied comes straight from the training area for the censors - also is on the forums in the moderation guidlines

anyhow, the first time someone breaks a rule, they are to receive a non official warning and be given the opportunity to correct the mistake, along with some examples of how this can be done. If you remember correctly, when I first met you in Scotland, and tried this approach with you, you were very blunt about not wanting this information

on to the next phase then - you continued to make attacks on the same people repeatedly, despite having been warned that this was not accepted behaviour on the forum (exactly as you have behaved here) Your first official point as Thog was issued after several nonofficial warning PM's were sent. At the same time, I was in correspondence with your targets, asking them to refrain from replying to the baiting on the forums, and also giving them advice as to how to modify their postings - two of the received points at the same time you received yours.

You continued to bait, and your targets continued to respond. Do you remember a specific letter which I sent you in regards to your baiting of Barerose advising you that you could continue the animosity towards his character, but to find another way to put it, rather than rusing the same insult over and over? You refused to consider this option.

When you switched from your Thog character to your Edwin character, we did not carry the points over -you started in with ignoring the nonofficial warning letters once again, then carried on with the same approach - one note insults, that made it easy for our targets to complain you were harrassing them

You quickly moved into a rudeness spree that turned into several attacking posts in several threads within the span of 3 hours - 3 people were the tagets of your attacks, the posts were spread over 4 different threads,and there were multiple posts in each thread - all of the threads were locked down - you were issued 3 points as a result of this, and would have received the letters tallying the points within a span of 48 hours. Your earned bans were served consecutively, swere thse of the others involved in the flame fest. What you appear to not be aware of was that the sum total of points that you should have received if we had tallied each instance separately would have immediately banned you from the forums for a minimum of 6 months - your targets, and others involved in the threads did not get away free either - I believe we had 18 poll threads going during that spell, and multiple short ban came out of the mess.

there were about 16 polls that I rall runi in Scotland where you were not found guilty of breaking the rules as well

the reason you get banned quickly now and for long periods is that you start right back in with the same behaviour when you return to the forums - the points that you accrued previously have not had a chance to drop off, and you add a new point to them and get a 3 month or longer ban! The whole point of the system was to give players that have made honest mistakes a chance to be educated about what they have done, and not receive bans (or just short ones) - the players that consistently abuse others, or consistently break the rules and have shown that they don't want to be educated or change their trollish behaviours are the ones that receive the long term vacations

time to man up, and realize that it is not the censors targetting you that create your bans for seemingly trivia stuff - its you and your deliberate choice

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elois
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Things that can get you banned   Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:09 pm

I hate to be rude but

I don't give a shit! There, I said it.
This forum exists because RK forums suck and we're here to relax and not listen to obtuse arguments about how we should bend to your will.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alessandra_oct
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Things that can get you banned   Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:42 pm

Who is this dude anyways? scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Melissa.
Knight

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Things that can get you banned   Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:03 pm

Elois wrote:
I hate to be rude but

This forum exists because RK forums suck and we're here to relax and not listen to obtuse arguments about how we should bend to your will.
+'ed

FTFL; FDFR

F= fucking

edit: /envies Edwin essay
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhaila
Knight

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Things that can get you banned   Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:12 pm

Elois wrote:
I hate to be rude but

Ditto. Please take it elsewhere, we come here to get away from the RK forum crap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goblindad
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Things that can get you banned   Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:01 pm

RK forums must be boring now if the zoo shits have to follow us here to keep on trolling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WhiteSnow
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Things that can get you banned   Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:21 pm

Corinna wrote:
various systems from other areas of RK were reviewed - I think this one came from Germany or Scandinavia

How could it possibly come from Scandinavia, when their countries on rk are younger than that ? Razz

Corinna wrote:
anyhow, the first time someone breaks a rule, they are to receive a non official warning and be given the opportunity to correct the mistake, along with some examples of how this can be done.

Yeah, when I followed the "advise" the first time, was only accused of breaking more rules. So I do call it false, based on my experiences.

Corinna wrote:
Do you remember a specific letter which I sent you in regards to your baiting of Barerose advising you that you could continue the animosity towards his character, but to find another way to put it, rather than rusing the same insult over and over?

Bambi isnt a saint himself. Was he ever banned or received any points ? I doubt it.

Corinna wrote:
You quickly moved into a rudeness spree that turned into several attacking posts in several threads within the span of 3 hours - 3 people were the tagets of your attacks, the posts were spread over 4 different threads,and there were multiple posts in each thread - all of the threads were locked down - you were issued 3 points as a result of this, and would have received the letters tallying the points within a span of 48 hours.

So what, that he did target some people ? I'm being targeted all the time, by masks that apparently have exquisite rights to violate the rules even when reported several times, people offending me ooc, stalkers following me thread to thread, obvious clones that none cares to report etc. etc.

Nobody cares, since I got "evil" char. Why should I, or Edwin, or anyone else give the damn about your "rules", when are only applied to the one side ?

Last time I faced the ban, I was in pretty much situation as Edwin's, I was about to become the duke of Glasgow. 3 months for a post which hurted Wombat's feeling Razz Good thing's that I appealed and didnt get that Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alessandra_oct
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Things that can get you banned   Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:35 pm

Trolololololol !! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WhiteSnow
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Things that can get you banned   Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:43 pm

Yeah. Bring me some kids please, I'm hungry...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Devin
Citizen

Location : in a nice cabin bored out of my mind happy to be alive

PostSubject: Re: Things that can get you banned   Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:54 pm

Alessandra_oct wrote:

shes not a dude but fuck yah
*hi five*
finnally someone fell for it other then me.

but dont push it
i learned the hard way..

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edwin
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Things that can get you banned   Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:02 pm

Corinna wrote:

When you switched from your Thog character to your Edwin character, we did not carry the points over

Lie. I can't be arsed to read the rest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edrahil
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Things that can get you banned   Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:05 pm

I hope it wasnt our dearest whale cannonballing that fucked up Japan. Else he/she/it might get into trouble.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bellz
Knight

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Things that can get you banned   Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:20 pm

Well suppose we'll see if me ranting about how a censor shouldn't be saying Eh to play up that they are a Loon gets me banned or not.

It's a personal pet peeve of mine that people assume all Canadains say eh after everything. To have a Censor mocking it was a wee bit much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alessandra_oct
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Things that can get you banned   Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:43 pm

Devin wrote:
Alessandra_oct wrote:

shes not a dude but fuck yah
*hi five*
finnally someone fell for it other then me.

but dont push it
i learned the hard way..

Embarassed

I totally knew! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Things that can get you banned   Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:29 pm

Bella_catorina wrote:
Well suppose we'll see if me ranting about how a censor shouldn't be saying Eh to play up that they are a Loon gets me banned or not.

It's a personal pet peeve of mine that people assume all Canadains say eh after everything. To have a Censor mocking it was a wee bit much.

i actually had an american friend point it out to me one day every time I said Eh? and I say it a lot, like a lot a lot, without realizing it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bekah
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Things that can get you banned   Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:32 am

Apparently my catch phrase is "I hear you". I think I say it so that people think I am listening without actually having to lie - hearing and listening are not the same thing Razz Plus, it is my way of saying that I have understood what is being said without having to agree - it's a great way to stay neutral I guess lol!

PostSubject: Re: Things that can get you banned   

Back to top Go down

Things that can get you banned
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3