» Games to Replace RK - Reviews
Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:26 pm by fhead

» Queen of Ireland
Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:52 am by jaqk

» How's life treating ya?
Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:10 pm by Trinity

» Introductions
Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:33 pm by anto_capone

» Bundlenomics Exposé, or, Where the Cheap Games At?
Mon May 29, 2017 9:25 pm by anto_capone

» Communication with the Royal English Embassy
Sun May 21, 2017 4:55 pm by Bekah

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

jaqk

Most users ever online was 66 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:37 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

Share | 

The guild chest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bellz
Knight

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: The guild chest   Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:24 pm

Ok, since it seems to be a hot topic in guild chat, I'm bringing it here... way easier to type

First, I don't really care if people take things out of there and sell it. I follow Dee's idea on you put it in there it goes wherever. I hope that people aren't just taking things they think are worth money and selling them but whatever.

That said, can we stop with the utter crap in the chest. We really don't need +1 shurkins or +2 studded armor in there. It's just vendor trash and really, there are enough of us who will help new players that we don't need to place shit in that chest...trust me it doesn't cost too much to buy something better then +2 studded armor, or even run a quest and find it in a chest. Most of us who have lower toons can afford to spoil them off of what our higher toons pull or have things saved for them.

It would be nice if we could get it back to the way the small chest was. Good things placed in there, things that could actually be used by someone and not crap

okies rant done now Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: The guild chest   Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:31 pm

I know this was brought up, but I personnally would preffer if the chest was run by officers with an updated list keep on the forum, if you have something to donate let an officer know and they can determine if it is vendor trash and if you see something on the forum list and think it can be useful to you, let an officer know and when they get a second they can get it for you.

I know chest have been problems in alot of guilds, only way i see it being not full of trash is to put a gaurdian in charge of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Likaios
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: The guild chest   Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:57 pm

Or just ask if you're not sure. I do that at times. As a general rule, I don't put anything in the chest that doesn't have something "special" on it-- and no, +# and masterwork don't count as special. Wink I'm sure I still misjudge at times, but I trust someone will remove any junk I mistakenly place in there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: The guild chest   Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:02 pm

Its not a big Prob if some one takes out the trash.

Most of us are active and able to do it.

Tod
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Mummy Bait

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: The guild chest   Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:32 pm

It absolutely does matter. Why is it everyone else's job to take out another person's trash? That strikes me as disrespectful, since there is a barkeep 5 feet away to dump vendor trash on. It's like when I tell my kids, don't leave your dishes on the table and toys on the floor, figuring, "Oh, Mom will take care of it." Wink

Unlike Bella and Dee, I do have a problem with people raiding the chest for things to sell. It's one thing if it's something that has been sitting there a long time that no one wants, and the chest is full. In that case, a quick comment in guild chat on a busy guild night to ask "hey, does anyone want this before I sell it off to make room?" would suffice. But when people take stuff out of there just because they think they can sell it, it means that other people that could use it and need it now can't have it. I can tell you that things have been swiped not long after someone put something in the chest for me. A couple times, someone asked me in guild chat if I could use this or that, and I said yes, and when I got to the chest after I finished whatever quest I was running, it was gone. That leads me to believe someone is grabbing whatever they think or hear might be needed/valuable and selling it off.

Again, the guild chest is for the benefit of the guild. We all share and support each other, because it makes us all better and makes it all more fun. The one or two people that I know are doing this should consider that before they continue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anto_capone
Royal

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: The guild chest   Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:39 am

i been finding some oddities.

a week or two ago, i asked jill if her caster needed some superior potency scepters, she said yes. my caster had grown out of his, and i had an extra one, i put 2 of them in there.

within a day they both were gone. it made me wonder if someone cashed them in, because there was only 3 people with casters at level that could have used them. my caster, jill's caster, and dee's caster.

i dont care about the money, but i kinda feel like an asshole over it. i put two of them in there for jill, and they were gone. i've put +1 tomes, portable holes, dusk hearts, and tons of valuable stuff in there. to think that they may have gone to waste; either sold to the vendor as trash at 1/2000 their value or used on toons that will not benefit (a fighter eating an intel tome would be entirely stupid).

we have a lot of new people, as in new to ddo, in our guild; this concerns me more, and it is why i will never put something super valuable in the chest. a +1 tome or portable hole isn't worth shit compared to a +2 tome, large GS mats, epic scrolls, boot mats, and some highly prized items.

its funny, i once put a cape of the roc in there. it sat there for 2 weeks. i decided hell with it i could use the money and placed it on the auction house. i sold it for 100k within 2 hours, i probably could have gotten 200k Razz

moral of the story, i dont put anything i would sell for more than 20k in the guild chest anymore because people dont know what it is half the time. Smile

Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The guild chest   Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:13 am

I'm not sure anyone is dumping stuff in there in lieu of trading their trash. I think it's just more of a case of putting stuff in that they don't need that they think someone else might need who's at their level. I'm tending to pop onto ddo during daylight hours and for me there's usually few around as I'm not in america so checking with someone whether its worth it or not is not that instant a check. As it is though, I tend to only put something in if I take something out, but I'm fine with not replacing an item if its just considered trash ^^ As my highest lvl toon is only lvl 12, likely that is the general consensus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: The guild chest   Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:14 am

I've put a few good weapons in there recently and I must admit that I'd like to know where they went so that I'm sure they have gone to a good home. Unlike Anto, I didn't have anyone specific in mind when I put them in there, and I did so because basically I don't need them anymore.

In the past week I've taken out +6 int goggles for Zog (which I could actually put back because his int is high enough at this level to get runes and the goggles slot is otherwise used for search/spot) and 2 of those dancing ball jelly/cake things just cos I thought they looked like fun. I've used neither of these things and could/ am willing to donate them to a more worthy cause Smile

I think from now on, I'll ask in guild chat if anyone wants something before I put it in the chest. I can hold onto things for a day or two, but if I run lots of raids, my inventory slots quickly fill up... so after that I'll just vendor it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anto_capone
Royal

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: The guild chest   Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:33 pm

i emptied out a bunch of stuff today

scrolls worth 2 platinum pieces, pots that no one ever needs, and some other stuff that would have limited use for even a level 2

there was a discussion on the ddo forum, and i agreed with one person who said there should be a simple log, telling who donated what and who took out what. this would be helpful, not in a police sort of way, but in ways that would become apparent.

take the +6 int goggles zog was talking about. if i had a toon that needed a +6 int item, and could see that zog took a pair out, could say 'hey when your done with those pass them to me' or something. or if i see someone grabbing arrows or certain pots, i can send them a stash thru the mail to help them out Smile

i dont really care about what goes in there and how its used, i just hope people learn the value of things and then soon we can use the chest for more valuable things Smile

otherwise i get way too nervous that if i put something nice in there that someone will sell it to the barkeep or auction it for peanuts Razz

Knight

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The guild chest   Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:13 pm

I dont think they will ever put logs on these chest, just because with the number of guilds and airships and chest, I dont think the dev's would sacrifice server space.

One thing that might help is if we just do our own log here, just saying what you put in and what you took out. There are a few that dont come to the forums, but i think most of us do, and it might put alot of peoples minds at ease that their stuff is going to a good home, not to the vendor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Likaios
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: The guild chest   Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:25 pm

Not a bad idea, Sel. We could at least try that. A thread like that could also do double duty for people to post things they think are too valuable for the chest but that they're willing to share-- like what Anto was talking about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dee_Snider
Knight

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard

PostSubject: Re: The guild chest   Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:57 pm

anto_capone wrote:
I get way too nervous that if i put something nice in there that someone will sell it to the barkeep or auction it for peanuts Razz

Yup - that's why I try to match nice items to guildies and then just mail it to them.

Expect that anything nice you put in the chest will be gone quickly - after all, you gave it away, right?

Should be no surprise that most of what's leftover is vendor stuff - I have no use for 50 thieves tools lol.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The guild chest   

Back to top Go down

The guild chest
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1