» How's life treating ya?
Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:10 pm by Trinity

» NNGO Airship Amenities & Crew [Guild Level: 81]
Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:15 am by Beth

» Laugh of the day
Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:26 pm by Bekah

» Introductions
Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:33 pm by anto_capone

» Bundlenomics Exposé, or, Where the Cheap Games At?
Mon May 29, 2017 9:25 pm by anto_capone

» Communication with the Royal English Embassy
Sun May 21, 2017 4:55 pm by Bekah

» Post something awesome!
Tue May 16, 2017 5:22 am by Minority01

» Totally legit US presidential poll
Tue May 16, 2017 5:09 am by Minority01

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 66 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:37 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

Share | 

New crafting system

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Grace
Mummy Bait

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: New crafting system   Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:27 pm

If you've looked at it, you've seen that there is a LOT that can be done. There are three stations to work at, and the levels of things/what it can be added to/etc. are a bit complicated until you get the hang of it. I'm copying down for everyone's use the recipe information that can be found at the stations. It's clearly still a work in progress, but you can see it here:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AtSqKg93mcGsdGNDclR5VENubGhiMWp2aUxvcnFqaFE&hl=en&authkey=CPfM3bsB

If you glance through it, you'll see that those useless collectibles need to be saved now. I'll note more when I get a chance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anto_capone
Royal

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: New crafting system   Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:17 am

thanks for doing this grace! Smile

Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: New crafting system   Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:49 am

Wow Grace thanks thats allot of work

I want to see if I can sneak past them some Vorpal wraps I wonder if it is possible

Tod
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: New crafting system   Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:37 am

Wow, excellent work! I probably won't start crafting til Gilders is a slightly higher level, unless the grind starts getting me down...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArcaneJill
Admin

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: New crafting system   Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:33 pm

Looks like you put a ton of work into this Grace. It's huge! Thanks so much Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Mummy Bait

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: New crafting system   Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:25 pm

Thanks guys! I finished getting the major info in there last night, so it's useable.

You'll see that it is split into the three areas of crafting: arcane, divine, and elemental. You have to gain experience in each one to craft in each one. You gain experience by crafting shards and items in each area. To see what experience you have, you can look at the new tab on your character sheet.

The first column identifies the shard to be made. It's listed in the recipe book at the device slightly differently than it is on the shard itself, so I chose to use the recipe book name. Next, I have whether it is a prefix, suffix, or enhancement (for lack of a better word at 2AM for the +1/+2/etc. on weapons and applicable gear). You can only have one of each of these on your item, so it's important to know which is which. Then I have the level of the shard. By "shard level," I'm referring to the experience level the recipe book has for it. When you go to the device, it will tell you how likely it is that you will be successful at the experience level for that shard. The higher the level of the shard is above your experience level, the more likely the crafting will be unsuccessful and you will lose ingredients. You'll also need some sort of ingredient to use the deconstruction device depending on what you want to do. You can get these from the vendor in the crafting hall; they are pretty cheap.

After that, I listed the ingredients needed for that shard. The essences are what you get when you deconstruct an item for its essences. You also get essences in chest drops, and you can swap large essences for other large or some small with the crafting hall vendor (unfortunately, you can't swap lots of small into one large). You will also recognize previously useless or mostly useless collectibles in there as well. The following collectibles are now used in various recipes:

Page torn from a research notebook, blades of the dark six, funerary tokens, small wooden idols, glittering dust, sweet whitecaps, powdered blood, signets of the devourer, deadly feverblanches, withered cryptmoss, marks of the keeper, strings of prayer beads, skull fragments, caravan logbooks, amber vials, research diaries.

You'll also see that some characteristics can be made in more than one school of crafting. This is worth checking if you are much further along in one than another. Another random note, named items and throwing weapons cannot be used in the devices.

Once you make your shard, you need to combine it with a prepared item. You will have to put the item in the deconstruction device to do so and will lose most characteristics on it. So, it's probably not wise to choose a +4 holy burst greatsword of maiming for this, because you'll just end up with a greatsword. However, some things to remain on the weapon and should be considered. Metal properties remain, such as adamantine or byeshk. Metalline is not considered to be a metal property by the crafting devices, just a prefix, so it will be lost. Also, guild slots on items will be preserved, as will any permanent damage. Once you have a prepared item and the shard(s) you want, go to the last crafting device.

The last crafting device also has a recipe book. A little warning here - this recipe book lists lots of recipes that are not yet available in shards, so they cannot be made. This is part of the reason I made the spreadsheet; I was losing my mind running between the two devices, trying to figure out what could be done and what couldn't be. If you see a recipe in the third device that isn't on my spreadsheet, it's because there is no shard for it yet. The devs did say that they were going to roll out more and more crafting options later, so I suspect this is a preview. On the spreadsheet as well, it tells you what items that particular shard can be added to. This will save you a headache.

Once you have your prepared item and shard(s) you want to add, drop them in the device and crunch. I believe you have to add each characteristic one by one; that is, you can't drop the item and all the shards you want in at once. I could be wrong about this though, since I haven't tried it yet. In fact, as you find things that aren't listed here, please do add them to the thread Smile

Congrats - you have made yourself....something or other. Now go kill something with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Mummy Bait

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: New crafting system   Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:11 pm

No vorpal yet, Tod, but I suspect it will be available eventually. And Zog, actually this is a good time for you to start with the crafting. Just start dumping vendor trash into the deconstruction device and collect the essences. By the time you want to make something, you'll have everything you need. You can just ignore the shards and stuff for now if you want.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Mummy Bait

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: New crafting system   Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:28 pm

Also, for those of you that aren't doing the crafting, I'm happy to take any random vendor trash you want to toss my way. Anto and Jill were very helpful last night handing me all their masterwork wooden bucklers and +1 armor of lesser lightning resistance Wink Junk is great for leveling in crafting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beth
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: New crafting system   Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:43 am

Very nice work there, Grace. Super helpful! Thanks =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bellz
Knight

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New crafting system   Thu May 05, 2011 2:08 pm

one thing I've found, for now at least...just deconstruct whatever gives you the higher number, you'll get more essences. Since till you get to higher levels it's rather useless crafting, it makes sense to get more bang for your buck.

better+ values of course = better number of essences. Also, while the prefix and suffix thing is confusing, all essences when you deconstruct are the same, so if you take good with the prefix, it won't have it's own spot in your backpack, it just goes into lesser good or greater good.

and after having crafted something, I can say it is way easier just to toss the shards then craft all the way to a weapon. You get almost nothing back when you deconstruct again, almost no xp for the actual crafting and well it costs ya more too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dee_Snider
Knight

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard

PostSubject: Re: New crafting system   Fri May 06, 2011 9:37 am

This is kind of an interesting debate about Min 2/Lit 2 vs. the new crafting system:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=316209

Lots of arguments and explanations, which make for an entertaining read. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anto_capone
Royal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New crafting system   Sat May 14, 2011 7:53 am

Heard you can dysjunct a shard of power and it turns into a craftable trinket?

I need ideas to craft something for my monk, seems he has no end game belt.. Sad

Knight

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New crafting system   Sat May 14, 2011 12:36 pm

Lammania Release Notes: Update 9 Patch 1

Welcome to the Lammania Release Notes for Dungeons & Dragons Online! These release notes were posted on Thursday, May 12th, 2011. Please note that these release notes are subject to change.
News & Notes

Of Special Note:

Crafting Beta

The crafting level cap has been increased to 75!
Deconstruction of items now grants players a small amount of crafting XP in the crafting school associated with the essences gained.
Deconstructing low tier effects on high-end loot will now return more reward essences.
The ingredient cost to create shards has been significantly lowered.
A maximum enchantment level of +5 now appears on all standard craftable item blanks. This level determines how much power a given item can hold when adding magical effects through crafting. The items can have their maximum enchantment level increased by crafting Shards of Potential.
Recipes exist in all three schools of crafting to create “Shards of Potential” of various strengths that can be applied to a crafting blank to increase its maximum enchantment level. Higher plus Shards of Potential are significantly more expensive to create than lower plus Shards of Potential.
Bound crafting shards are now Bound to Account instead of Bound to Character.
It is now possible to deconstruct crafting Shards using the Deconstruction Eldritch Device.
Crafting recipes will now display how much the minimum character level to equip an item will increase when the recipe is applied.
The names of essences have been changed for better standardization.
The "Vengeful Rage" mutation is now a prefix instead of a suffix.
Numerous treasure mutations have had their enchantment values lowered.
The Everbright Shard has been consolidated, and can be applied to either weapons or shields.

(will post the rest of the patch in the u9 thread)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Mummy Bait

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: New crafting system   Sat May 14, 2011 4:58 pm

Wow, awesome Smile Especially the bound to account part and reduced cost.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anto_capone
Royal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New crafting system   Tue May 24, 2011 5:04 pm

are you going to update to the level 75 stuff?

plllleeeeaaassse? Very Happy

Royal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New crafting system   Tue May 24, 2011 5:14 pm

oh yea, question:

on your list you have +4 charisma as a suffix, is this correct? on random loot they were always prefix

Mummy Bait

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: New crafting system   Fri May 27, 2011 7:20 pm

I'll take a look and update soon. I just got back from out of town.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Mummy Bait

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: New crafting system   Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:28 pm

Okay, it's partly updated so far. I've corrected all the recipes and added up to lvl 75. I have the enchantment levels of all items added in as well as the shards of potential. I removed the min level increase because as far as I know it has all changed and I want to take a closer look. I have to still put in the things shards can be applied to for lvls 51-75, and I will update the list of necessary collectibles. I'm also planning on adding the description of each item to the name as a comment to make planning a bit easier.

Anto, it was a suffix I think, but now it's been changed to a prefix, as well as intel etc. Thanks for pointing it out, I wouldn't have noticed the change, and I'll fix it on the sheet now. If anyone else sees other mistakes on there, please let me know and I'll fix it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArcaneJill
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New crafting system   Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:07 am

Grace, have we told you that you rock? Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Mummy Bait

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: New crafting system   Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:49 pm

Thanks Jill Smile

The updates are done until update 10. I am not sure if there will be more levels added with the new update, but since unbound shards are being added in, I will put those new recipes up on the spreadsheet as well. Again, if anyone finds a mistake, do let me know and I'll fix it.

EDIT: Started adding in stuff from the update. No new levels, but unbound shards are possible now. I've started putting in the recipes and the levels for them. Unbound require a higher crafting level than bound, as well as more essences.

Yet another edit: Spreadsheet completed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Mummy Bait

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: New crafting system   Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:00 am

Okay, I wanted to add an observation after messing with the crafting today.

If you look at the recipes, you'll see that for any effect, the bound costs less in essences than the unbound. It's not tons tons less, though. However, the xp level on the unbound is roughly double that of the bound. What this means is that if you mess with the crafting just for xp, take a look at making them on the unbound side. The much higher level gives a lot more xp for what ends up to be less in essences if you're only looking to level.

If that didn't make sense, just go look at both bound and unbound when you craft for xp only and compare the amount you'd use to be as economical as possible. Also, I assume everyone knows now that you can deconstruct shards after making them without adding them to an item, but just in case someone missed it, there you go.

I'm using my ranger for crafting right now, and once I get her to a higher level (50 or so) I can start making stuff for guildies at cost. I don't really want to make a profit off you guys. If you have no interest in crafting yourself, I'm always happy to take donations of vendor trash or essences though Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: New crafting system   Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:15 pm

Great work Grace

Have the Unlocked Feather Fall I could not find it but it may of been a boy look
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Mummy Bait

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: New crafting system   Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:46 am

Yep, feather fall is in there somewhere.

Oh yeah, and also keep an eye on the crafting wiki: http://ddowiki.com/page/Cannith_Crafting It has bugged issues on there as well as a lot of other good info. for example, it has the current minimum level figures, which have changed a bit since the original implementation. They are based on the enchantment level currently on the item.

+1 = level 1
+2 = level 3
+3 = level 5
+4 = level 7
+5 = level 9
+6 = level 11
+7 = level 13
+8 = level 15
+9 = level 17
+10 = level 19
+11 = level 20
+12 = level 20

So if you are wondering how much it will up the minimum level when you add something on, just look at what the new total enchantment level will be and check this chart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Mummy Bait

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: New crafting system   Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:05 pm

I reorganized the sheet a bit and color coded it. Hopefully it will be a bit more accessible now. Let me know if it is better/worse or if you have other suggestions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beth
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: New crafting system   Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:29 pm

Grace wrote:
I'm using my ranger for crafting right now, and once I get her to a higher level (50 or so) I can start making stuff for guildies at cost. I don't really want to make a profit off you guys. If you have no interest in crafting yourself, I'm always happy to take donations of vendor trash or essences though Razz

With this in mind, would you like to have the various essences I've got collected? It seems to make sense to help one of us get a high level in crafting to benefit the guild as a whole. And my interest in crafting is minimal so although I've made a start, they're now just collecting dust. What's the name of your ranger again? When I see her I'll pass over what I have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New crafting system   

Back to top Go down

New crafting system
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next