» Games to Replace RK - Reviews
Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:26 pm by fhead

» Queen of Ireland
Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:52 am by jaqk

» How's life treating ya?
Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:10 pm by Trinity

» Introductions
Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:33 pm by anto_capone

» Bundlenomics Exposé, or, Where the Cheap Games At?
Mon May 29, 2017 9:25 pm by anto_capone

» Communication with the Royal English Embassy
Sun May 21, 2017 4:55 pm by Bekah

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 66 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:37 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

Share | 

Alliance with another guild?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Alliance with another guild?   Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:52 am

I was thinking that it might be nice to have an alliance with another guild to run with for levelling/raiding purposes. What do the rest of you think?

We could create a chat channel where we can post LFGs, organise raids, etc..

Benefits:
Less need to PuG with unknown entities
Regular raids when YOU want them
New connections
Shared knowledge and new tactics

Disadvantages:
Potential drama - personality clashes/loot issues
Might get sidetracked by feeling the need to run with the alliance

Feel free to add to the list.

I feel that any potential disadvantages could be dealt with by setting out policies/rules whatever from the otuset.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blainwolfe
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: Alliance with another guild?   Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:28 am

I've had a couple of people approach me about such things, but I've always brushed them off since I don't really have any status in the guild. I think it could be interesting, but the guild in question would have to be known and liked by almost everyone, which I think would be an issue. It does seem to have some potential for drama, we're all pretty laid back about our running things but others might not be so tolerant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bellz
Knight

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Alliance with another guild?   Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:40 pm

Why are alliances needed? Sorry but this may come off totally harsher then I mean I mean it

They seem like a waste of time other then to go "I'm in an alliance with..."

There would be huge drama. Having seen the crap that other guild go thru... there would be drama.

PUG's aren't that bad. Heck ask Dee, Anto and Jill... we pugged everything to get to 20 that first time, and still survived. It's what is fun about this game. New connections don't happen when you run with the same people out of the same chat channel, they happen with pugging groups. And that is where the fun is.

Raids and runs when I want them, I put up an LFM now when I want to run something. I take the first however many click it and go. And I've never really had an issue filling them

We'd also run into the issue of loot rules, which pretty well anyone trying to tell me what to do with my loot wouldn't go well at all.

There could be the stigma of being attached to another guild, be it the other one is elitist therefore we must be, to the other guild is 'insert word, (my brain is tired)" so NNGO is too. I like us standing on our own and doing things. Its something to be proud of and show off.

I know I am one of the few who just play this without care of how awesome/gimp my toon is. I have enough trouble feeling I don't fit in with everyone here so focused on epics, I don't need more people I "have" to deal with doing the same thing. Or ones deciding they get dibs on raids/runs/loot because they are in an alliance with us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Mummy Bait

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Alliance with another guild?   Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:36 pm

I agree with Bella on this one. I don't see the point of an alliance and would be rather unhappy with one. We all have people outside the guild we enjoy running with when we can't fill with guildies, so I can't imagine an alliance being more useful than that. Problems with alliances:

1. Agreeing on it. The people I like running with outside the guild may not be the same people that someone else likes running with. In fact, I might downright loathe someone that others want to run with. So making an alliance would force everyone into contact with them, which isn't really fair.

2. Being affected by the other guild's decisions. Let's say that we get into an alliance with a guild that miraculously has all people in it that all of us like. We don't control their recruitment. So then they get someone that they like and we don't, for whatever reason, and there is drama, because all we can do is ask them to control their guildie, or refuse to run with them, and it's bad.

Look, if we want to run a guild raid and need to fill it out, or want to plan it, we can do that with our extended network easily and skip the whole alliance thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dee_Snider
Knight

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Alliance with another guild?   Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:00 pm

If we allied with another guild, we could CRUSH IT! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Alliance with another guild?   Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:28 pm

Disagreement duly noted and I guess you can consider this topic closed.

However, and not wanting to sound disrespectful, may I point out that those who are against this idea, are among those who already have a few people outside the guild that they run with on a regular basis?

There have been a few cases where I ran with someone for a while on a particular toon, but I then either passed onto a new toon, or whatever and both parties moved on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dee_Snider
Knight

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Alliance with another guild?   Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:42 pm

Despite the obvious Axer reference, I am for running with other guilds (I pug a lot of stuff already, so I'm used to it).

I also know from running with those who have toons in other guilds that those guild members know what they are doing and are fun to run with.

So, as long as you twist my arm and get me out of the desert, I'm cool with whatever works and moves NNGO forward. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Mummy Bait

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Alliance with another guild?   Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:19 pm

Zog, it does take a bit of effort at first to keep in touch with people you like to run with. Most of the core group outside of the guild that I run with have become real friends, so now it's easy. But my guildies are always welcome on any non-guild runs I do if there is any space open, and I do ask frequently in guild chat if anyone wants to come along. Jaayse is the only one that's taken me up on that regularly, though. If you want to run something, we can always put together a mixed group, usually within the next couple days at worst. That's how we ran Soorya's ToD flagging, actually - mostly guildies, then other friends, then a few puggers. Got it all done in one night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anto_capone
Royal

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Alliance with another guild?   Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:20 pm

The only people I don't get sick of, are in our guild.. Well ok I don't get sick of everyone outside of our guild.

But other people's jokes get fucking old Razz

I like all guild runs, and I like PUGS. I don't need/want special attention or groupies. Besides, I'm not a chick so I wouldnt get either if I wanted anyway. Razz

I'm on one channel for TR/PL for when I want to power level. It's a small channel and we mostly make fun of Trols in it. In fact, only 3 of my toons are even on that channel. I don't think I've even used that channel for months, but will probably use it again when I TR someone.

I know some of you skype in quest (which I think is odd, Bella Razz), or constantly /tell people all day while running with the guild (yes we can hear it ding, Grace Razz); and thats fine. Smile

As long as you don't mis-tell in guild chat how disappointed you are that you have to run with the guild tonight.... Razz Wink lol!

I do understand Zog's plight. He is in a different time zone than most in our small guild. When a lot of guildies run with their own clique more than with the guild it can get frustrating to those of us that are forced to PUG everything, especially when it comes to raid loot. Maybe you just don't like us, maybe no one want's to feel like a 3rd wheel.. Razz
Also, the whole 'take a bit of effort to keep in touch with people' just doesn't work the same for males and females yanno... Razz

I been patiently waiting for our guild to grow, and we've even been accepting of people who have never played RK now. When I started, it was me and Jill and that was it for months. Then Dee joined and the 3 of us were pretty static. It was a lot of fun, learning the game together.

Point is, back then we didn't have a guild and got on. Sure, we didn't get any of the loot we wanted because no one ever passed us loot. The only people that ever pass me good loot (not stupid sigil pieces ect) were from our guild. Smile
But still, thanks for the sigil pieces... Razz

Another point is, chilling with whoever you want is fine, but don't be surprised when people get frustrated the guild doesn't run more often.

I think our guild is more pro-actively running together of late, and a lot of things will fix themselves. The more inclusive, rather than exclusive our guild becomes the better off we'll be. Smile

And I been in another guild, when I first start playing and it sucked balls. We're not that far off from running all guild ToD... Smile

Wait, who are you people? geek

Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Alliance with another guild?   Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:04 pm

anto_capone wrote:

I been patiently waiting for our guild to grow, and we've even been accepting of people who have never played RK now. When I started, it was me and Jill and that was it for months. Then Dee joined and the 3 of us were pretty static. It was a lot of fun, learning the game together.

I was there when you got the charter and was one of the first to join, I just didn't play enough to be memorable Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Mummy Bait

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Alliance with another guild?   Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:14 pm

Okay, you know what? I'm going to go ahead and say what I should have said before.

I wasn't disappointed to run with the guild on Saturday. Yes, I sent a mis-tell, and you only got half of it, so perhaps the fact that I was actually THERE running with the guild instead od off doing something else should say where I wanted to be. I don't run with people I don't want to run with. When I take the time to run with the guild, and I refuse all other offers from everyone else so that I can do so, and then I get comments about my "groupies" twice now, I get a little pissed.

I don't need special attention. I don't need groupies. What I have is other friends that I also enjoy being around as well. Considering that I still run with guildies several times a week, I still help people out, and I still make the guild a priority, I cannot fathom why this is some sort of problem and why I should get shitty comments out of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anto_capone
Royal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Alliance with another guild?   Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:24 am

Take it easy, let's not turn a simple joke of an awkward situation into what it isn't, shall we?

Sorry about the groupie thing, it's not negative really.

Sorry if I jumped to any conclusions, but if you took what I meant as a joke this serious, then fine.

Zog has a legitimate point. Sorry.

Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Alliance with another guild?   Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:46 am

If anyone has any spare Elf girl Groupies I will take them all.

Ps Grace I will try and find you for Sins. Which is all I have left from the Guild flagging day, thanks Dee, Jay and Grace.

Also as a Guild we need to drag Dark through Shroud flagging the poor lad is 18th and no GS

Tod (groupies are me)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bellz
Knight

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Alliance with another guild?   Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:53 am

You better not get any ideas of me running TOD dangit Razz Epics are one thing... that is an entirely different pot of crazy

Skype is only with Grev, and only when we're running alone. I like it better then the ddo mic and well it's Grev (he is the only one I talk to on it lol)
and I gots groupies and stalkers...tho sometimes it's hard to tell which is which.. have crazy stalkers too, but I try hard to avoid them. Oh and Anto I told Phornax you said he was my groupie... he asked if that meant there were 3somes...thanks

when I started you Dee and Jill were all almost 20, so ya I had to pug it all. Rather cool in a way that most of the guys that helped get Auro shroud, von and tod flagged and to 20 are the same ones I run with pretty well nightly now.

I'm not against running with guildies.. hell the guys love everyone in my guild they've ever ran with... Dee has a somewhat iconic standing with them, and they still talk about the shroud run Jill pretty well saved(sorry Anto, they remember her for that) I mention what I'm running in guild before the lfm goes up (dee is by far the most awesome vod tank ever) and I'd never say no to you all runnn with me, just seems that for the most part, I'm doing different things (with me not caring for epics)

I love our guild... if I didn't I'd have left long ago... despite my distaste for epic runs, most "uberish" guilds seem to like me... I think it's the fact I'm the least serious person in ddo and have fun no matter what.. but it may have something to do with having boobs... but its hard to say Razz

Like I told ya tonight, we've known each other for years now... I'll let you know if something is wrong, and hope you'll do the same.

Zog hun, if I'm on (and its not an epic or tod) just ask, I'll likely come... may even be able to drag a few along to fill spots

I look at our guild like a family. We may not always want to do everything together, cuz someone steals the good seat or hogs the bathroom, we may fight and argue , because it was their turn to do something, we may even have that person that person like the aunt you tolerate, but you know shes gonna pinch your cheeks...but deep down ya love them no matter what and know you have a place because they honestly can't get rid of you

suppose that is the real reason why im against it zog... i like having a place that i know they have to keep me... another guild may not be so keen on that

ok way too tired, and i really hope that made some sort of sense
and i do love ya all.... yes Tod, even you ... even when you do ignore me

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Alliance with another guild?   Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:06 am

You better love me Bells i gave you my two stones
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anto_capone
Royal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Alliance with another guild?   Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:26 pm

Grace wrote:
and then I get comments about my "groupies" twice now, I get a little pissed.

this is what i posted:

anto_capone wrote:
I don't need/want special attention or groupies. Besides, I'm not a chick so I wouldnt get either if I wanted anyway. Razz

if you took that as a reference to you, that is a reflection on yourself, not me.

sorry you made an awkward mistell and are still mad at me for making a joke about it.

good luck with that

Mummy Bait

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Alliance with another guild?   Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:06 pm

That was the second comment you made about groupies to me, the first was direct the same night. I am always there for guildies, always, so when you twist that around because of half a mis-tell you didn't even understand and then call me out on it twice, in public no less, you're damn right I'm going to be angry. And instead of ever once sincerely apologizing for it, you have justified it and made excuses and ultimately blamed me.

If I'm absent from anything related to the guild for awhile, THAT is why.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anto_capone
Royal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Alliance with another guild?   Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:34 pm

Quote :
That was the second comment you made about groupies to me,

learn to fucking read, it wasnt a comment to you or about you but you took it that way, which is fine. i could care less anymore and im not going to walk on eggshells simply because you take everything personally.

Knight

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Alliance with another guild?   Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:45 pm

Yes tod I do Wink and grace I know you're taking it as an insult,but I wouldn't. I get bugged constantly about groupies stalkers and boy toys... I could care less what they are called, I'm having fun...plus honestly its a pretty big ego boost knowing you can fill raids or groups regardless of what youre runnning. So take it as a compliment
Eta: anto..... I thought I was your groupie Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anto_capone
Royal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Alliance with another guild?   Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:49 pm

from now on we must call all groupies 'speshal frenz' Razz

Bella_catorina wrote:
Eta: anto..... I thought I was your groupie Sad

oo i see what you did there... Laughing

Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Alliance with another guild?   Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:41 pm

Guess there's pros and cons to everything.

I did try to find another guild for a different toon on khyber but it ended up sucking because of the timezone thing even though it was a larger guild, so an alliance wouldn't actually improve the situation for those of us who are on euro time. But it might be helpful for those who are on US time.

I like running stuff with you guys when I can, but I'm not on much now and will likely be hit and miss for a while yet; so I'll just go with majority decision on this as it wouldn't be fair to say what I prefer when I'm not actually there to be affected by the outcome (whichever way it is).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Alliance with another guild?   Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:36 am

Good point Beth! Like I said, after the first few comments I saw that there was more objection to it than agreement, so I took it as closed - there´s no point upsetting the apple cart and I do generally get things done in good time thanks to a combination of guildies helping out and PuGs.

Also, you are greatly missed Beth, I hope you sort things out soon and get back to running with us Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Plutogirl
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Alliance with another guild?   Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:34 am

lmao! So much drama! Guess I should expect that from a bunch of RK players tho lol

Was going to say that my guild has alliances with a few other guilds but, all my points are moot now. Have fun lovelies Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alliance with another guild?   

Back to top Go down

Alliance with another guild?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1