~NNGO IZ SRS BSNS~
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» What I am watching right now
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:17 pm by Bekah

» NNGO Airship Amenities & Crew [Guild Level: 81]
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:10 am by Beth

» The Music Thread!
Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:12 pm by Bekah

» Games to Replace RK - Reviews
Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:26 pm by fhead

» Queen of Ireland
Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:52 am by jaqk

» How's life treating ya?
Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:10 pm by Trinity

» Laugh of the day
Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:26 pm by Bekah

» Introductions
Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:33 pm by anto_capone

» Bundlenomics Exposé, or, Where the Cheap Games At?
Mon May 29, 2017 9:25 pm by anto_capone

» Communication with the Royal English Embassy
Sun May 21, 2017 4:55 pm by Bekah

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 66 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:37 pm
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord


Share | 
 

 Messed up world

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Telcara
Squire
avatar

Posts : 683
Join date : 2010-09-17
Location : At the computer

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Messed up world   Fri May 04, 2012 3:44 pm

anto_capone wrote:
Telcara wrote:
lulz Matthew...

No offense, but what is funny about medicating with Tetrahydrocannibol? Much better than a lot of prescription medicine, and way way better than alcohol... Smile

See it more as an eyeroll at Matthew, I don't personally like marijuana or cigarettes. I def think cigarettes do more harm than weed. Alcohol in my opinion is too old and too much in our culture to ban. But it annoys me how the tobacco industry is ignored, how do people think these tobacco plantations are like, not much better than the drug ones. I know this will annoy you but its my opinion. I don't care if others smoke weed or cigarettes, their decision. Alcoholism is worse in the way that you don't do shit. neglect your family and can become violent (my biological father was an alcoholism and went so low that he sold me and my brother's children books and didn't show up for our B-days).

I do think that people in chronic pain or people dying should be free to use any relief they can that doesn't harm people around them, which includes weed. Its like morphin, and other high classed drugs but without the severe side effects some people can experience. Its just that in Scandinavia and England, that just won't happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lordmatthew
Citizen


Posts : 329
Join date : 2010-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Messed up world   Fri May 04, 2012 4:14 pm

I don't like tobacco companies, who would? Laughing They don't even use pure tobacco.

I like a good cigar or an occasional American Spirit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elois
Noble
avatar

Posts : 2892
Join date : 2010-09-13
Age : 35
Location : Antarctica

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Messed up world   Fri May 04, 2012 5:11 pm

Now this is what I call messed up world.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-57427825-10391698/linda-evangelista-puts-childs-bills-at-$46000-a-month/

So because her ex is a billionaire, her child needs $46,000/month in child support? LAWL. And she's crying that she had to give up a $100,000 modeling gig to attend court. Oh cry me a river.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anto_capone
Royal
avatar

Posts : 16393
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 38
Location : Che cazzo fai?

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Messed up world   Fri May 04, 2012 5:26 pm

Telcara wrote:
anto_capone wrote:
Telcara wrote:
lulz Matthew...

No offense, but what is funny about medicating with Tetrahydrocannibol? Much better than a lot of prescription medicine, and way way better than alcohol... Smile

See it more as an eyeroll at Matthew, I don't personally like marijuana or cigarettes. I def think cigarettes do more harm than weed. Alcohol in my opinion is too old and too much in our culture to ban. But it annoys me how the tobacco industry is ignored, how do people think these tobacco plantations are like, not much better than the drug ones. I know this will annoy you but its my opinion. I don't care if others smoke weed or cigarettes, their decision. Alcoholism is worse in the way that you don't do shit. neglect your family and can become violent (my biological father was an alcoholism and went so low that he sold me and my brother's children books and didn't show up for our B-days).

I do think that people in chronic pain or people dying should be free to use any relief they can that doesn't harm people around them, which includes weed. Its like morphin, and other high classed drugs but without the severe side effects some people can experience. Its just that in Scandinavia and England, that just won't happen.

ah ok, i misunderstood. i'm sorry. Smile

agree with you, on most points. i like to drink occasion, but that shit messes you up. weed is a nice, cheap remedy which isn't as bad for the health or social problems.

its actually nothing like morphine tho. i stay the hell away from morphine or any opiates myself tho.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nngo.biz
anto_capone
Royal
avatar

Posts : 16393
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 38
Location : Che cazzo fai?

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Messed up world   Fri May 04, 2012 5:28 pm

Elois wrote:
Now this is what I call messed up world.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-57427825-10391698/linda-evangelista-puts-childs-bills-at-$46000-a-month/

So because her ex is a billionaire, her child needs $46,000/month in child support? LAWL. And she's crying that she had to give up a $100,000 modeling gig to attend court. Oh cry me a river.

lol hate to say it, but you sounding a bit... liberal there Razz

but i agree, is kinda ridiculous... Smile


but so is 'your money is your money, my money is our money' as well Smile

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nngo.biz
Elois
Noble
avatar

Posts : 2892
Join date : 2010-09-13
Age : 35
Location : Antarctica

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Messed up world   Fri May 04, 2012 6:13 pm

Laughing Well, there's differences between my ideals and beliefs.

I think it'd be ideal if every rich person would give to others. But my belief is that they shouldn't be forced to.

It would be ideal if this rich man said he loves his kid and wants to give his kid that much money. And I definitely believe that the child should receive some child support, if needed. But nobody "needs" $46,000/month. Nobody needs to be rich or live in the lap of luxury.

I don't mind what little I have and when I have more, I'm thankful. So, I had a steak yesterday. That was awesome. On another day I'll need to search for change just to be able to afford going to the Bronx, to feed other people, while Linda Evangelista is busy complaining about having to get out of bed for less than $10,000/day.

I guess I shouldn't complain about her or begrudge her. It sounds like I'm happier than her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bekah
Noble
avatar

Posts : 3328
Join date : 2010-09-13
Age : 45

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Messed up world   Fri May 04, 2012 7:24 pm

anto_capone wrote:
it would be great, but it still wouldnt be enough.

people who medicate with marijuana shouldnt have to deal with crims and punk kids to get their medication, which might go shady at any moment.

its just not right, i really thought by now it would have been better but nope. Sad

+1

I suffer with chronic pain every single day of my life and will do for the foreseeable future too. i refuse to take pain meds because they leave me feeling doped up all the time, so I live with the pain and try not to bite peoples heads off when they say, "oh yeah, I get like that sometimes ..." Grr, sometimes would be fine, all the time gets a bit frustrating lol.

If I could do so legally, I would use weed to ease the muscle pain and I would most likely be able to function better if I could. Alcohol and weed have a similar amount of pros and cons as far as I can see, yet only weed is illegal, all I can say to that is lolwut?

(oh, and this is not a sympathy bid, just an example of where the relaxation of some laws could be of benefit to a person who will never be 'cured' Very Happy)

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe_Danvers
Commoner
avatar

Posts : 143
Join date : 2012-03-15
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Messed up world   Fri May 11, 2012 3:10 am

This seems a bit old a few days actually and I don't know if it will continue at all, but I always like talking about issues like this just because I find myself confused on this point all the time. Also not to sound like a dick, but the topic sure changed after a while haha.

Anyway back on the point of the whole world turning and what not. I was actually called a pessimistic Buddha by my religion teacher because of my views on life and what not. First off life sucks, shit happens and really you can't do anything about it. I find myself getting frustrated with people who always blame god for their problems or say if it was god's plan for it to happen then they don't want to believe in him. Like I said life sucks, shit happens, and you can't expect some giant god to react to every little prayer and wish that we make. Otherwise everyone will win the lottery, we will get all our wildest dreams (which means no more inspirational movies), and how could we forget we wouldn't actually feel with our emotions.

If it makes you feel better and to make things even better when you die, your relatives and friends might be sad that you are dead, but I can guarantee no one else is going to care. You think someone in New York is going to care if someone in Ohio or Utah dies, hell no. So why do you expect people to mourn for lots of children dying in Africa, we have it so good in first world countries that we like to live in our own little imaginations. Remember how shocked, we all were when 9/11 happened, although Al-Quedea and other terrorist had been calling on a attack against us, and we weren't the only country they hit. Spain had a subway bombing, London got lucky and got the guys who were suppose to hit them, Israeli has to worry about suicide bombers everyday. Yet we were so shocked when we were attacked by the same people who said they were going to attack us for the longest time. Did you think we cared about all that in America before we were attacked though? Nope, why should we, it doesn't affect us personally. We would rather feel safe and secure thinking our government will protect us against the bad people, but one of these times we are going to have to open our eyes about everything happening.

Humans are flawed, you can't expect perfection out of us, so when you talk about corporations and governments trying to make the most money, just remember that they do it because they know they can get away with it. Who is going to do anything against them? There is no heroic robin hood who is going to steal from the rich and give to the needy or help the little guy out. You have to do that yourself, and like it was stated before, another thing we like to do in America is feeling like we are making a difference to help us feel good at night. I am on Facebook I will admit, but I know that I get so soo pissed off when I see people say "Like my status to show you are against "insert cause here"." Like that makes a difference, oh man I am sure all those women abusers, terrorists, and every other cause will be fixed because you liked a status, everyone one of the people liked those status should be a saint....but I digress. Just because you give some money doesn't mean you are helping out, my mom used to be a college professor and what she made her students do was charity work, but instead of raising money they had to go out and do something to help other people.

In my opinion the U.N. needs to have more power to police the world and they need to stop having so much red tape before they do anything. If you want to stop the bad guys then you can't be afraid to get your hands dirty. Granted I like how this topic started, but just remember that just because you talk about people in trouble doesn't mean that you will be missed either, so enjoy that. Although in return for the other people, life would be depressing if you cried about every death and bad thing that happened in the world. The way I see things is that we want to pretend we are children again, where you had no worries and you just did what you wanted to have fun, but eventually you have to grow up and see the problems and say "Shit, well it looks like this is broken" and only until we do, will we be able to actually do anything progressive done. Okay end of speech, also I apologize for this big paper mess. I have some nights where my mind just races and I can't sleep at all so I hope this makes some sense and enjoy reading.

P.S. I am shocked to see the "bad" guys with such big hearts :p.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oydelia
Squire
avatar

Posts : 840
Join date : 2010-09-17
Age : 38
Location : @home

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Messed up world   Fri May 11, 2012 12:06 pm

well you know Joe, imo it's not a wast of paper at all what you write, it makes sence.
Why I posted this photo was simply because I don't understand 1 person, addicted to what ever you're able to get addicted to, messed up her own life, that's how I see it, dies. And just because she's famous the whole world talks about it. And all those children, innocent because that's what children are, die and we turn our back.
I've seen baby's torn apart by f*cking idiot men, because the witch doctor said, having sex with a virgin will cure your aids. Taking a baby makes sure it's a virgin.
Ones the goverment of my country had a great plan, we give people condoms with a note on it to explain how we prefent soa's, the smart asses fastend the note with a staple through the condom.

In holland medical marijhuana is on reciption and people get it for free at the pharmacy.
Now there's a new law, the coffeeshops only are allowed to sell marijhuana to dutch people. Foureighners are not allowed anymore to buy there. In a week all the coffeshops in a bordercity are closed and you see people selling and buying on the street. Great law isn't it.
We see the mayor of that city on the news telling how great this law works even after a week. Children can play outside, no more nuisance from the german, french, belgium and spain, who come only for the drugs. On the background we see people trade in the open. Out of of legalcy they bring it back in crime again.
Another city just a few miles away has glorious times because the law doesn't count for them.
Yo see any logic?

Like Joe I don't sleep well lately, probly different reasons but being awake at night makes one thinking a lot. I think we live in a screwed up world. And true, nobody gives a shit as long it's not in their own backyard
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe_Danvers
Commoner
avatar

Posts : 143
Join date : 2012-03-15
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Messed up world   Fri May 11, 2012 5:37 pm

Oh I understand what you are saying and I am not saying that you are wrong in your thoughts. I am merely saying my thoughts on the matter. If it makes you feel better she is will be forgotten soon or probably is. I know I didn't think about her until you brought it up. Funny how such a thing like that can happen.

It is all part of human nature I think or a least for the younger generations now. We all want to fight the bad people. Lets use Kony 2012 for example, ever since the movie came out teenagers all around America wanted to fight Kony, but here is the thing. Interesting that made everyone forgot about the protesters getting killed in Syria because we all had to pitch in to get Kony, and like I said before, we all want to like something just so we can feel all warm and fuzzy inside that we did our good deed for the month. However when they showed the video in Uganda, the place where Kony left to fight in other countries with his kid soldiers, the people who watched it were angered because it don't really show their struggle and only showed the president of Invisible Children making a ass of himself. The whole point of the campaign was to make Kony famous, apparently if you make bad people famous they will go away forever! Since it worked so well for Osama Bin laden...how many years did it take for us to get him? On a other note, the people in Uganda are furious because the T-shirts from invisible children have Kony's face on it, so I guess we are supporting the bad guy too! They are worried that if we make him famous that he will come back and make their lives bad again. I am also in Invisible Children at my college and I can honestly say I find myself annoyed with some of the idiot people around me who think that this is a good way to take care of things although I don't see whats the point of making a bad guy famous, even if you kill him another one of his goons will take over.

The world sucks so I say we watch it burn and get some popcorn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Messed up world   

Back to top Go down
 
Messed up world
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Forge World 40 K
» ~FORGE WORLD OPEN DAY~
» Forge World Painting contest
» news forge world
» Forge world nob bikerz

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All your Nachos are belong to us! :: General :: Off Topic-
Jump to: