» The Music Thread!
Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:36 am by Trinity

» How's life treating ya?
Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:10 pm by Trinity

» Laugh of the day
Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:26 pm by Bekah

» Introductions
Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:33 pm by anto_capone

» Bundlenomics Exposé, or, Where the Cheap Games At?
Mon May 29, 2017 9:25 pm by anto_capone

» Communication with the Royal English Embassy
Sun May 21, 2017 4:55 pm by Bekah

» Post something awesome!
Tue May 16, 2017 5:22 am by Minority01

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 1 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 66 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:37 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

Share | 

Funny English Crap

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Donte
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:20 pm

Terrasophia wrote:
You know, it's funny how the players that care more about playing the game within the rules play "bad guys".

That's actually a really interesting insight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trinity
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:21 pm

Bekah wrote:
I find my eyes glazing over every time I have to read through all the ins and outs of it Very Happy).

Nice to know I'm not alone on that haha! Yeah the whole erad thing is still the same now as it was then as far as I know. Ah! Would have been nice to keep those threads around tho >.< just for reference even if they were outdated.

Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:28 pm

Actually, Spring found them, turns out I was looking in all the wrong places lol, so apologies to {Camel} for my thinking she had deleted them and my thanks to Spring for taking the time to find them Very Happy

Noble

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:00 pm

wow, I totally missed Spring's post through all that Bekah lol thank you! >.< Thank you Springy! Very Happy

Terra made a great point, I see that happen all too often. You know, was thinking and I've said this before but will say it here. Out of all the posts with her mentioned, she picked Bekah's. I mean seriously? Out of all of them and the one that when I read I sat and said aloud even to myself, not even thinking of this Grace person, even if it were myself being inserted instead of her as I think more into it now, I still would have said/thought...'Yeah those IQ tests are a joke!' laughed, and moved on.

My thoughts, honest, and it's sad that it's being pulled farther and farther out of line by her, causing all this ruckus to get deeper and deeper, is that this person must have way too much time on their hands. To delve that much into one simple line, and remember, considering ALL of the other posts.

Now would be a very good time, for said person, to drop it, move on and chalk it up as the silly nonsense that it is. And guess what!? I'm a mom too! :PThat whole throwing the link in the reply was just downright awful to do to someone, no matter who, let's say, it was sent to me and this person obviously wouldn't know me, like really know me like you all do. but let's go with this scenario: I turned out to be a teenager! With issues! How would she feel, by sending that link and all that garbage, that she could have put something in my head that wouldn't have otherwise been there and suddenly things got really bad? How would that make that person feel then? Hmm?

Yeah I'm done with this BS and her, and whatever this is that's causing her to keep going on about it is just ridiculous and needs to stop, NOW! Again, you want to throw the parent thing out there, if one of your children were constantly antagonizing, bringing grief upon themselves would you allow it? Because that's exactly what's being done here. I wouldn't, nor would I put even myself in this kind of position. So stop it. I've had enough. Quit picking apart the posts here, just leave it be and see how quickly it gets forgotten, well maybe not forgotten now at this point but how quickly it will stop. I'm sick of seeing it.

Royal

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:20 pm

Springtime wrote:
http://forum.renaissancekingdoms.com/viewtopic.php?t=1000950

Well, thanks for that. Just makes shit more confusing tho, since no one is ever eradicated anymore.

Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:39 pm

There's still admin eradication. And I think you can also self-eradicate after you've been set aside. Not positive on that one though, just guessing because Kythera's late husband was only set aside for like a week before the character was eradicated, when it's supposed to stay set aside for years or something. I think he must've opted to come back as a different character, thereby eradicating the old one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ritaa
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:15 pm

kythera wrote:
And I think you can also self-eradicate after you've been set aside.
You definitely can. Smile Did that to avoid being tempted to come back as Rita lol
But yes, I don't think admins eradicate as often as they should. Remember how long it took for Evan to get eradicated? And even after he was, his other character stayed.

It's also true that the bad guys are usually better RPers. Probably because they don't care whether people like their characters or not, while the goodies are often characters heavily based on the players themselves. So their perspectives are extremely modern and very similar to those of the real people behind those good/brave/gorgeous/nice/fun/funny/sweet/cute/with-a-few-flaws-which-make-them-human-but-not-less-perfect characters. And so when someone actually tries to create a character who is purely fictional, it's almost impossible to find good RP-buddies since:
- the other good characters are mostly in that blurry mostly-OOC but IC area (where it's okay to know stuff happening in other countries/counties, and where people actually RP IC sentences like, "X grins at Rita and says, 'Can't wait to RP with you!'" (I actually saw stuff like this all the time in actual forum RPs.)
- RPing with mean characters makes the other good characters OOC-ly/IC-ly angry and so the character in question would no longer be considered good. So the player would either officially join the evil side (which I was very tempted to do last year, and which I think a lot of you did!) or they would just kill off their character and quit. Smile

At least that's how see it. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anto_capone
Royal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:21 pm

Ritaa wrote:
kythera wrote:
And I think you can also self-eradicate after you've been set aside.
You definitely can. :)Did that to avoid being tempted to come back as Rita lol
But yes, I don't think admins eradicate as often as they should. Remember how long it took for Evan to get eradicated? And even after he was, his other character stayed.

It's also true that the bad guys are usually better RPers. Probably because they don't care whether people like their characters or not, while the goodies are often characters heavily based on the players themselves. So their perspectives are extremely modern and very similar to those of the real people behind those good/brave/gorgeous/nice/fun/funny/sweet/cute/with-a-few-flaws-which-make-them-human-but-not-less-perfect characters. And so when someone actually tries to create a character who is purely fictional, it's almost impossible to find good RP-buddies since:
- the other good characters are mostly in that blurry mostly-OOC but IC area (where it's okay to know stuff happening in other countries/counties, and where people actually RP IC sentences like, "X grins at Rita and says, 'Can't wait to RP with you!'" (I actually saw stuff like this all the time in actual forum RPs.)
- RPing with mean characters makes the other good characters OOC-ly/IC-ly angry and so the character in question would no longer be considered good. So the player would either officially join the evil side (which I was very tempted to do last year, and which I think a lot of you did!) or they would just kill off their character and quit. Smile

At least that's how see it. Razz

+1

Is how my character 'turned'. I just got tired of the constant harassment. I used to spend hours RP'ing, my character spent so much time trying to justify his actions in a thoughtful and reasonable way; only to be rebutted with 'Die Criminal Scum' or some dumb shit. After awhile, something just snapped, or changed, and I stopped giving a damn if people thought Anto was evil, and just did my own thing. I never looked back, it was completely liberating. Smile

Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:43 pm

+1 on the liberating part.  I think I have allowed Bekah to blossom as a character since she is no longer tied into the stifling pressure to 'conform or be forever branded' mentality.

Noble

Character sheet
DDO character: Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:56 pm

I remember a while back, somebody from England posted in the Off Topic forum on RK, asking for people she didn't know to join an RP. A way to get to know people and stretch her writing abilities I guess. Intrigued, I put my name down, saying I'd love the opportunity to join an RP with some "randoms". A few posts later, the original poster relayed her disinterest in RPing with "bad guys" because she believed that if a person could write about murder and mayhem, they must be a bad person IRL.

I can honestly say I haven't really ever been so flabbergasted and offended at the same time.

I hope you are all sitting down for this, because this may come as a shock. I am actually not a criminal, I have never killed anyone (nor do I ever intend to, honestly). I have no beef against the English. To write about murder, and hatred for an entire country, and being a woman in the renaissance era, I use my imagination.

Shocked? Of course not. Y'all are smart.

I think that is the big difference between "good guys" and "bad guys" (on RK anyway). Bad guys clearly are using their very vivid imaginations to write and illustrate fantastical battles, bloodlust, and general shenanigans. Good guys don't have to stretch that far. As Ritaa said--their story lines often smell suspiciously "Mary Sue" (reflection of what they see themselves as).

And since I play this game for fun and writing, that is why I align myself with the "bad guys". They get it. They actually get it. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roby Lambourne
Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:36 pm

I never used to portray my character as a bad guy, nor was I recognized one especially when my char was a knight of England, but I still like to think I could RP more than a title ceremony and arriving at a wedding.
Personally I don't think I have ever been, nor ever recognized as, a person who rates others RP on their characters moral alignment in game.
I wouldn't say I was a bad guy now either, my character is perhaps more of a political activist and anti-establishment and republican then ever before and some people in England might recognize me as 'a bad guy' for not going with the common policy, but I like to think I have earnt the Black RP rating on my profile regardless of my moral alignment as well like I feel others have too regardless of their characters nationality or in game personality.

The ability to RP is the players skill, not the characters after all. I look at RP in the game the same way as acting. A blank canvas of which you portray an imagined persona. If people get your OOC and IC mixed up, then take it as a compliment as being a bloody good method actor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trinity
Noble

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:49 pm

+2 Rita and Anto ^^

I've come a long way in the RP dept. RK was my first role playing game and I had a lot of wonderful help and input as I went along, not to mention some serious screw ups now and again with GM, etc. yep O.o. hehe

Made it a point to school myself, read as much as I could find on the net and asked for advice and welcomed it. My RK character transitioned accordingly. So did my attitude towards a lot of things here on the flip side. Growing experience Smile

Any chance I get to help someone else I do. Have experienced what you have too Toasti before, on a few occasions in RK. Totally sucks. Broadened my horizon so to speak playing other rpg's and have been offered links to forums that are strictly rping. There's quite a difference in rp aspects out there, but one thing I've seen that has always remained the same, coming across those certain small handfuls of people who just can't or won't 'try' to see things with an open mind, yet say they do even when they're actions don't show it. <--not sure what that would even be considered? The worst I've ever seen is RK with this. Well, now one other that's very similar, Secfenia, but it's rk players who are on there too. Find that interesting.

The absolute best compliment I've had to date was recent, and from Ninon :)Can't remember exactly how she said it, but basically was surprised to find that I played behind a charry on another game since it was so much different than my RK charry, Zuk too commented. Made me feel good ^^ As I write I try to place my mind in that setting and/or era, staying far from what my own feelings towards whatever story is unfolding. It's my #1 rule, to be able to stand back from my character creations with a happy and healthy perspective.

(side note: re-read my previous post, gawd >.< went from relaxed to pissed in .5 seconds haha, all good now Smile)

Knight

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Miller

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:27 am

Toasti Jen wrote:
I remember a while back, somebody from England posted in the Off Topic forum on RK, asking for people she didn't know to join an RP. A way to get to know people and stretch her writing abilities I guess. Intrigued, I put my name down, saying I'd love the opportunity to join an RP with some "randoms". A few posts later, the original poster relayed her disinterest in RPing with "bad guys" because she believed that if a person could write about murder and mayhem, they must be a bad person IRL.

I can honestly say I haven't really ever been so flabbergasted and offended at the same time.

I hope you are all sitting down for this, because this may come as a shock. I am actually not a criminal, I have never killed anyone (nor do I ever intend to, honestly). I have no beef against the English. To write about murder, and hatred for an entire country, and being a woman in the renaissance era, I use my imagination.

Shocked? Of course not. Y'all are smart.

I think that is the big difference between "good guys" and "bad guys" (on RK anyway). Bad guys clearly are using their very vivid imaginations to write and illustrate fantastical battles, bloodlust, and general shenanigans. Good guys don't have to stretch that far. As Ritaa said--their story lines often smell suspiciously "Mary Sue" (reflection of what they see themselves as).

And since I play this game for fun and writing, that is why I align myself with the "bad guys". They get it. They actually get it. Smile

I remember this thread because I posted in it too, trying to defend your point of view. That bitch was a little bit crazy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Motherlucka
Knight

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:12 pm

The mayor in Kendal is so afraid of us apparently she went through and banned ALL of us from the TH tavern before we even walked in. Classy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angeljoy25
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character: Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:15 pm

What happened to the old days, when both sides would sit in tavern, laugh, chat and yes, even taunt each other a bit.  Maybe she's afraid you'll win her townspeople over to the CA.  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anto_capone
Royal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:15 pm

Motherlucka wrote:
The mayor in Kendal is so afraid of us apparently she went through and banned ALL of us from the TH tavern before we even walked in. Classy.

Typical retard

Knight

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:18 pm

Angeljoy25 wrote:
What happened to the old days, when both sides would sit in tavern, laugh, chat and yes, even taunt each other a bit.  Maybe she's afraid you'll win her townspeople over to the CA.  Twisted Evil

That is how it was in Liverpool. Some people just don't want to have any fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terrasophia
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:27 pm

Angeljoy25 wrote:

Yeah, that's what you did in Glasgow, and look how that turned out.  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roby Lambourne
Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:38 pm

Not that I want to invite warring armies to my doorstep, but I would of being much more friendlier yonder Egremont way! Hmmmm, so long as you helped me with the Robland Republic of course Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnailKoW
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:15 am

Sounds like the Town hall needs new ownership.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trinity
Noble

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:20 am

In red,  Laughing  Rolling Eyes :
Sonnie wrote:
Running to his side and Lady Grace's.... "General, do not worry! Get your self well. I will protect Lady Grace as we fight those blood thirsty warmongers off! Rest and heal! I have good news! Word has come to mine ears MrWuten killed ONE's Army general Amesha! Jah knows we are on the right side of this war!"

Godmodding Extraordinaire's!  Rolling Eyes Wonder how they'd feel if we wrote out role playing SPECIFIC characters GM'ing castrating or putting their heads on pikes prancing around doing naughty with them?  Suspect 

In red:
Grace wrote:
She stepped forward with the army line and found herself face to face with a young man. She thought for sure he would put up a good fight. She stood stalwart as he swung first. He landed a blow on her shield. It was not a hard hit though. Honestly, Elmix had hit her much harder in practice.
05/01/1462 04:08 : Rareit hit you with their sword. This blow hasn't wounded you.

This was the worst, could have been a decent post otherwise...noted in red:

Eurydice wrote:
Fierce Eurydice cut off Dar's head, took it as her trophy to add to other skulls she already has.
Eurydice  gave deep breath, slowly licked blood from her sharp sword!

"What an old and good taste I had no the last two months", she whispered...
Turned and slowly walked away carrying her new trophy - Dar's head with still open eyes!

Doubt they had permission? I won't be posting in that thread again.

Noble

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:21 am

SnailKoW wrote:
Sounds like the Town hall needs new ownership.

Agreed.

Knight

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:08 am

Roby Lambourne wrote:
Not that I want to invite warring armies to my doorstep, but I would of being much more friendlier yonder Egremont way! Hmmmm, so long as you helped me with the Robland Republic of course Wink

I'll help, but you better damn well get me drunk!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aidan
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:33 am

Angeljoy25 wrote:

That can be cool in a nice, respectful battle.. Banning your enemy from taverns is such a compliment to the fear they cause Razz

IG NAME: "Aidann."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luffy1
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:46 am

Nah, they are doing us a favour, we dont want to drink English piss water they call ale. When we take over the place we can import some of our good stuff and have a party over their dead and dying while we ban them from tasting the sweet bitter nectar of our labours!

On another bright note, I am thinking of advertising for a harem, I need a nice English lass to add to make a full house you know, one who likes to be lovingly dominated by a sexy, if I do say so myself, Irishman with a short kilt and an aversion to undergarments....and who wants to be with a real man because I'm sure their is not more than one or two in the whole of that hooty tooty place. Step right up! Prepare for the Luffmachine!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny English Crap   

Back to top Go down

Funny English Crap
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next