WhiteSnow
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:35 am

Korna wrote:
Pennsygal wrote:
Mediocre is a good term for it. I do want to make sure I am clear that part of your platform to remain neutral is to work with the invaders in Glasgow?

Quite honestly, and I know that I speak for the minority - which may just happen to be myself - I am uncomfortable with the county working with those tyrants.

They have been proving themselves to be no better than what they claimed to be freeing Glasgow from. You can see that for yourself in Highland's Hall.

I feel that working with them and allowing the English traders through Galloway is treason against Scotland as much as the King's role in the destruction of Glasgow.

She sighs heavily.

I also realize I am one of the few that still considers Glasgow and Galloway both part of Scotland and brothers in spirit if not ideal. Meh. It's an old argument and in the arguing we have become weaker and weaker and Glasgow is ... out of Scottish control and more English than even Galloway is at the moment. [/i]

Our suggestion is not to avoid contact with the current rulers in Glasgow because ignoring them won't get us and the Glasgow citizens anywhere. The people in Glasgow need their mines just as much as we do. We would like to see free elections in Glasgow to let its citizens make their own decisions. We will see what the current regime decides.

When I look in the Highlands Hall I can't help but recognize some of the sympathizer of the former Fury regime. They are amongst the most vocal in the Halls and frankly, mainly the people that make me not want to visit the place. I do not see the Highlands Hall as a place that truly represents the feeling of all Glasgow citizens. There are many citizens that stopped going because of the obnoxious behaviour of some Fury members in days gone past and haven't been persuaded to come back by the current goings on.

The destruction of Glasgow cannot be blamed on the King. I am not saying that I, the current council or any future one I'm involved in support the King or his allies. That must be obvious from the stance we have taken following the vote in Galloway, however, the seeds of destruction were planted long ago with a foolish treaty between the people of Glasgow and the Fury criminals. Instead of resisting their enemy, who threatened to take their castle and plunder its contents, they capitulated and ushered the county into a long period of tyranny, oppression and nepotism. To those of us with long memories it is ironic to see the protests now of aggression, given the way Glasgow became involved with Fury.

Make it what you want. Perhaps Glasgow's people just exchanged one devil for another, perhaps not. Time will tell. In my personal opinion any change was better than none, but from Galloway's position we are neutral and that is the basis on which I will work in Galloway's interests. You should note that though Galloway is prepared to trade with Glasgow, both those in power and their opponents, we have not acknowledged the current unelected regime.

You are not the only one who sees Galloway and Glasgow as part of a greater whole, Scotland. It pains me, especially after the energy I put into Scotland as Legislator and Steward. Our own division is what caused the divide, there are no other scapegoats. I am confident it will rise again, once Glasgow and Galloway have mended their own houses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WhiteSnow
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:38 am

Korna wrote:
Quote :
Do you forsee a problem improving relations to Glasgow when your proposed trade can be interpreted as helping the tyrannical regime that invaded it?That might not be seen as a neutral stance. Do you forsee a problem improving relations when the Council is choosing to watch the rights of Glaswegian citizens being violated and do nothing about it?

The choices are never easy. To name some examples; Ireland houses the NNGO. England is not loved here and English mercenaries are in Glasgow. Scottish con men have sold Scottish titles in France and that is causing us difficulties with France - some of the mercenaries in Glasgow are French. Glasgow had a treaty with Fury for years and so has done nothing to stop them menacing Galloway.

All these differences yet should the whole world stand still? Should we stop all trade? That really does not make sense. We believe Galloway should remain neutral and thus, we trade with all parties. By not trading with Glasgow we might just make things worse for the citizens. They need to recover their mines. Their county needs to support the towns. We will be careful in what we will supply them. But there is no harm in bringing food or helping the economy recover as a whole. Also, trading with Glasgow does not mean only trading with its council.

Choosing sides, right now is out of the question. As we have said before, Galloway is split on who to support. We will not go against the will of the Galloway citizens. We have received some reports from Glasgow:
Quote :
The county run by the previous Fury regime.
* They had travelling passes in place whereby they charged people to traverse the county for none Glasgow citizens; even Galloway citizens were subjugated to this system.
*Many a person was kill listed by opposing the ruling party in any way.
*Taxes were extremely high on everything.
*No military lessons were given unless requested and lessons in general will scares.
*Point producing jobs given to Fury or Fury supporters only.
*Market profiteering: Selling county iron at max to locals but min to Lordmatthew.
*Legal system was abused
*International and local trade stunted.
*Mines closed
*Stole most of the county funds and goods out of the inventory before fleeing the county.

County held by the current regime
*Mines re-opened
*Taxes halved
*Wages increased
*Trade open
*Council communicating with the people.
*They are helping to work the mines to fix the financial situation.
*Safe to travel.
*Helping grow town population so towns and county doesn't close.

Some other reports indicate:
Quote :
Citizens are being charged, without evidence, for collaborating with the Fury regime.
People are restricted to travel,
People feel oppressed.

Some are relieved to see themselves liberated from the former Fury regime. Some feel they exchanged one devil for a new devil. Who must we believe? Are we to believe that the “liberated Scots” are collaborating traitors? Or are the “oppressed Scots” trying to save their skin and securing their past benefits? Is there perhaps a truth to both sides of the story? Who are we to intervene?

We take a holistic view of the situation at hand. The county of Glasgow, which is not ruled by Galloway, is rebuilding. For some Glasgow citizens positive and, unfortunately, for some negative. Galloway at this time, has its own issues to attend and does not have the power, or stance to be anything but Neutral. Trade will benefit not only us, but the towns and people of Glasgow. We will help those in need, as best as we can.

Quote :
What position will this list take if the foreign invaders pass through Galloway once more? What will the consequences be?

As I said, we will not tolerate invading armies. Conflict should be avoided but we will not avoid it if we are ignored. From what I know in the current council, travelling groups, after the Glasgow conflict, have requested permission to pass through the county.

Quote :
What job positions do you have planned for the members on the list? Wallace for example has a history of poor management and resigning from duties. Will past experience and performance be take into consideration?

I will keep a close eye on all councillors! I am not so happy with the track record of most past councils. The current council structure invites everyone to keep themselves on their own little island. Also, it means some councillors do a lot of work and some do nothing. In the planning we have 3 councillors on economy. They will work together and not individually. Same goes for defence. Councillors that have nothing to do will be required to help on other positions. My job will be to make sure the councillors have everything available to do their jobs. I have asked them to create plans so we have targets to follow. We all make mistakes and through those mistakes we learn and progress. I make no exceptions and Wallace has my trust. You, on the other hand, will have access to reports to check me on my word.

Fact remains we have to await the outcome of the elections. I have an idea who I want on which positions however fixing those positions is not useful until the outcome of the election.

Quote :
What position does your list plan on taking with Clan representation? For the members of Clan Kerr what (if any) agenda will you be pushing on behalf of your clans interests?

Clan representatives are also a part of CC and can participate in the discussions. However, I expect councillors to put their council duty before their Clan. Each councillor that signed up for this team knows I expect dedication. Second, all candidates signed up because they know Galloway needs recovery, not egoism. They set their plans aside to help the county. We are all citizens of Galloway and we all want to live in a county to be proud of.

Quote :
The list is dominated by citizens of Whithorn. How will you ensure that you give a fair representation for the whole County?

We have candidates from Whithorn and Kirk. The town mayors have access to the public forum and the Security Council. Our choice is to talk, listen and represent all of Galloway. We will also be active in the Galloway Inn. We make decisions for the benefit of the county as a whole and not for any town in particular.

Quote :
How long can someone such as myself expect to have to work in the church or IMV before the mine is open consistently?

The mines are in a pretty bad shape. There is no other choice than to rotate them to keep maintenance costs low. We will need money to import materials to repair the mines. However, as soon as possible we will open them regular. Any council loves to have many people working in the mines. Prospects now, also from source outside our group, is that recovery will take months.
On the other hand, Galloway IMW wage is twice as high than other counties. Also, you have the option to take on a job or fish. But when you can work in the mines, please do so. It will help the county a great deal.

Ninon_de_lenclos wrote:
Gallowegian Patriots,

The repair of the counties mining system is of great concern to me. I have just been to Whithorn and it seems that the mines there are closed quite often, making it very difficult for people to make ends meat. This is expecially difficult on new citizens. What exactly will it take to fix this problem, and how soon after the new council is elected can we expect them to be operating at 100%?

Warmly,

*edited by Camel to remove OOC reference*

Ninon, I hope I answered your question in the answer above. The mines are closed often to prevent further decay. We need materials to repair the mines. Either these are bought with money the county does not have yet. Or we repair and upgrade with the resources we get from the mines. It is going to be a long process.
Charity is the keyword. We must all help each other. Mayors can assist the new citizens. Rich citizens will be asked to help the county with donations, loans and participating in raffles.
Korna wrote:
Falin wrote:
Falin frowns upon hearing the older man's speach and addresses him. Sir you could have told me you don't wish to answer my query rather than mock it. Clan power was significant in the political arena of years past. It's something to factor into how things will be run. Not just your clan but any group such as Legion members as another example. I am not anti-clan representation but I would like to know if agendas will be pursued, keeping in mind not all agendas are bad.

Turning away from the older gentleman and next addresses Korna's words.

The situation up North is terribly troubling. Taking a neutral stance is no guarantee that the trouble will not spill into Galloway but I will respect the decision to be neutral if it really is as such. The concern is how to effectively remain that way. The opposing list has members who aided the insurgency. One must wonder how that will play out on this upcoming council and I hope to address this issue with them also. Will Galloway welcome refugees of Glasgow who are forced to use an underground passage to escape their newfound oppression?

Moving on I am delighted that Clan Representatives is not something that will be removed if I understand you.What things will the council do to promote activity within the county? What do you believe is the most positive aspect of Galloway? What do you think is its worst attribute?

Falin then rests her voice needing time to digest all she has heard so far.

The course which Galloway already set, one of neutrality, does not make many enemies but doesn't gain favours either. We have no one else to rely on than each other. Actually seeing our history, it is something we should be used to. Our current economic and military situation makes us fragile so once more we must stick together. Clans, groups and towns are influential thus I choose ignore none of them.

Neutrality is a careful balance and true neutrality might not be possible. Rather, my preferred stance is not to make more enemies, rekindle relationships with old friends and make new ones. If any refugees decide to come to Galloway we must deal with them case by case. As you might have seen in our election program, we are not fond of criminals.

I think the former glory of the clans has wavered. Perhaps, sooner or later, they will retake their former places. Clan representatives are still welcome in council because they are interested and engaging citizenswilling to help the council and Galloway, just like unclanned representatives

Engaging with the county can be done in many ways. Part is councillors interaction in their duties. Another way is through regular reporting. We will answer citizen questions in the Galloway Inn and address their concerns. We will call citizens to work in the mines. We will consider organizing raffles to raise funds. Also, some of our candidates are active story tellers and they will continue doing so in their new roles. Others like to have a drink after work and you will find them in the taverns.

Galloway's most positive aspect is its diversity and through it comes its resilience. We have clans and other active groups. Active politicians but also strong warriors. We have aristotelian believers and pagans. Our Inn and towns are open, friendly, and do not have a place for those that only wish to spread their negativity. We have strong believers that can also compromise. This made us versatile enough to survive as long as we did.

Our negative aspect is the opposite of the positive aspect. This diversity makes as slow and indecisive. Councils that turn over decisions of other councils instead of continuing to build on plans. We do not combine the best of our diversity and that has left us in the current mediocre state.

Welcome to New England.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terrasophia
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:29 am

tl; dr

From Brennos regarding the grants:

Quote :
Hello,

I closed it because your actions were against the Admin rules we published abut new financial system : members of council have to work to decrease the debt, not to steal goods and money.

regards

Brennos

My reply:

Quote :
Hi Brennos,

Thank you for your reply. To us, the translated announcement meant that you could not destroy goods by throwing in a port or similar. So councils can no longer grant lock in case of invasions? We did not "deep" grant lock specifically because we wanted it to be clear we were not stealing. Also, some of those goods were not the county's, but I recognize the risk of having kept them in the same place.

Thank you for your clarifications.

ETA: just skimmed it. OMG taxes were high for two effing weeks. Whiners.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizzie
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:06 pm

Brennos is on a roll today. Oh and hi all.

Quote :
User question:
Hello. I am currently in court, waiting for judgment. The Prosecutor sent me my indictment in Italian. I've been told that players must use only English in the English speaking kingdoms. I am being tried in Scotland. I am reporting it to you so that you are aware. They have prosecuted many others. Here is a screenshot.
i40.tinypic.com/20jmq6h.jpg

Quote :
Hello,

Conquerors are using the language they want.

Regards
Brennos
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aalish
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:20 pm

Terrasophia wrote:
tl; dr

From Brennos regarding the grants:

Quote :
Hello,

I closed it because your actions were against the Admin rules we published abut new financial system : members of council have to work to decrease the debt, not to steal goods and money.

regards

Brennos

My reply:

Quote :
Hi Brennos,

Thank you for your reply. To us, the translated announcement meant that you could not destroy goods by throwing in a port or similar. So councils can no longer grant lock in case of invasions? We did not "deep" grant lock specifically because we wanted it to be clear we were not stealing. Also, some of those goods were not the county's, but I recognize the risk of having kept them in the same place.

Thank you for your clarifications.

ETA: just skimmed it. OMG taxes were high for two effing weeks. Whiners.

Wait, so councils can no longer protect the council from invaders? What the hell kind of policy is that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WhiteSnow
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:40 pm

Lizzie wrote:
Brennos is on a roll today. Oh and hi all.

Quote :
User question:
Hello. I am currently in court, waiting for judgment. The Prosecutor sent me my indictment in Italian. I've been told that players must use only English in the English speaking kingdoms. I am being tried in Scotland. I am reporting it to you so that you are aware. They have prosecuted many others. Here is a screenshot.
i40.tinypic.com/20jmq6h.jpg

Quote :
Hello,

Conquerors are using the language they want.

Regards
Brennos

Cool. Next mail once ours will take some town/county will be in lithuanian Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fitz_
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:08 pm

This is all getting very ridiculous... Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roxxane
Royal

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:11 pm

I speak jibberish. Laughing

Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:13 pm

Elois wrote:
Also, her family was paying her boyfriend to rape and drug her for months and that's why she has cancer.

Oh and a censor came to her home and peed on her lawn.

And a drunk driver ran over her family, and then came back and killed them to avoid arrest, hiding his car in a tree.

After all of this, being kidnapped by aliens would actually make her stories sound more plausible.

I think we should get her institutionalized
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WhiteSnow
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:14 pm

Except admins part, its nothing unexpected (Galloways cc). Korna heh has a record... Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
anto_capone
Royal

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:27 pm

wow, didn't know it was the special olympics in scotland

looks like everyone's a winner/derp

Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:17 pm

Quote :
Date : 20/02/2012 - 17:22:08
Titre : Re: Re: Re: Re: Leave
Dude I'm already trying to get them to leave. I'm currently being prosecuted because they think I'm part of your retarded group of idiots. It also doesn't help that I've taken back the town hall once already. If you and your group of idiots wouldn't have been so stupid they would not have came here in the first place. So again, leave.

Aha, I'm already checking up my flying carpet, since I'm so willing to leave Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anto_capone
Royal

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:02 pm

RTK

Renaissance Troll Kingdoms... Razz

Game is so full of trolls

Knight

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:47 pm

Ditto...this game is filled with fucked up whiners :S
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elois
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:27 am

This is why Scots argue, because otherwise, people like Korna get on top and turn Scotland into some pussified cotillion. The Galloway identity is so full of shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WhiteSnow
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:09 am

Korna was on top once. Managed to run civil war well.

Thing is that most dont understand: I'm paranoid and stuff, but Korna indeed is serving to the interests of his english friends Smile He doesnt care about Scotland, Galloway, Glasgow - has other mission.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diragon
Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:59 am

anto_capone wrote:
RTK

Renaissance Troll Kingdoms... Razz

Game is so full of trolls

I prefer killing Skyrim trolls.... but RK ones will do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WhiteSnow
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:43 am

Go and kill some. I did Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizzie
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:43 am

Posted Korna's stuff for all of Scotland to see. And this is for Ms. Terra.

Timtay wrote:
Tanissa wrote:
Lizbet wrote:
You didn't get your ship. You invaded our county, twice. That's not enough revenge for you? Get the hell out.

Hebrin wrote:
Actually I imagine most in Glasgow wish you to build your ships and leave

And who are you to tell us what we should do?

Many Scots have asked us to stay and I think that we will do them happy Very Happy

Who is she? Lizbet is a Scot. Hebrin is too, born and bred in the Highlands, truer to any noble cause than you'll ever be. Who are you to ask such a question, Tanissa? Oh, that's right, you're a foreigner that was exiled from your old homeland with your failure of a group of friends. Then you came here, got treated like crap (I say you deserved it and still do) and had a hissy fit. Then you came here for revenge, hitting the wealthiest county in Scotland and using the stupid excuse that you're here to build ships? My arse could have winded a better lie that that.

With comments like that to my kinsmen and country[wo]men, I think you're pushing the limits of even being allowed to speak in our lands. Beware your tongue, woman. The country is headed by radicals, but the power is in the masses and those true Scots don't like to be belittled. We don't like oppressors either, especially foreign. You think Fury was an oppressor? Fury is A SCOTTISH ORGANIZATION, and they weren't all that bad usually.

As for this crap that Hebrin is Fury/NNGO, you Frets really are delusional aren't you? Hebrin has fought Fury a number of times. How do I know? I frickin helped him do it you fools.

I think it would be wise for you usurpers to realize if Scots can't beat you in open combat, they'll do it one robbery, one murder, one stolen grant, one revolt at a time. We will not rest from making your lives hell so long as you are in power. If I could do things my way, I'd burn the entire county to the ground tonight to prevent you from getting another pence from a Glaswegian's pocket. Go back to where you came from, you snail-sucking lowlifes. Take the rest of the "Scots that asked you to stay" like Moss. and Queen Rothar with you. Maybe you can teach them how to lick a frog leg or speak in some funny jibberish.

Oh, since you didn't like hearing it from Lizbet and Heb, maybe I can help you understand what they meant. GTFO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roxxane
Royal

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:47 am

Since Brennos doesnt want a council to steal goods - they took Seldom's loot. So why did the admins spend time providing an audit function - tool? To detect it?

If you cant rob a council, then why allow robbing of a town? Of an individual?

Makes no sense whatsoever.

Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:56 am

I always enjoy TimTay's posts. Really makes me homesick.

Roxxane, that's what I've been wondering as well. It seems to me as if they're taking away features and providing nothing fun in return. This is all becoming a job. Rather than disable us from looting how we want to, they should encode a way for counties to bounceback without admin intervention.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Telcara
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:33 pm

Its complete bullshit. No wait, its not.

Its admin being biased as usual. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terrasophia
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:46 pm

Timtay <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bekah
Noble

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:06 pm

I think I am going to say something a bit controversial here.

I think that we can learn a lesson from this, it sucks that the admins took back the grants, but seeing as grants can be stolen anyway, we have learned in future that if we loot a place using grants, clean out the grants first, then return them. That way the admins are powerless. I know that I had a grant when I was in Munster and when ONE took over they asked me to return the grant. I returned it, but only after I had cleared it out. Loophole there was (and is), we are not required to return the goods in a grant, only the grant.

I guess what I am saying is, yeah the admins messed about with you, but the only thing you can do now is to pick yourselves up and learn from it. Whining about it isn't going to change their minds.

Royal

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:12 pm

Good comment Bekah.

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   

Back to top Go down

Funny stuff.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 33Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next